NQ Minerals Plc, a mineral processing, exploration and mining company, has announced that it has successfully shipped approximately 34 500t of precious metal pyrite concentrate from its Hellyer gold mine out of Burnie Port, Tasmania.
- Milestone first bulk shipment of precious metal pyrite concentrate.
- The shipment contained higher than forecasted grades for both gold and silver.
- The pyrite component of the product contained high sulphur and iron grades.
- The Board expects regular shipments of pyrite from Hellyer.
- Since completion of the refurbishment in late 2018, NQ Minerals has successfully produced and sold three quality concentrates from Hellyer: a lead gold silver concentrate, a zinc concentrate, and a precious metal pyrite concentrate.
Roger Jackson, Executive Director of NQ Minerals, commented: "This bulk shipment of precious metal pyrite concentrate represents a significant milestone for NQ Minerals. We have now delivered three high quality concentrate products to the market from our flagship Hellyer mine, with industry leading customers in both Australia and Asia. We will continue to deliver on this exciting project, with positive net contributions to both the local economy and the environment, while generating robust cash flows for the company."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/trade-transport/23052019/first-bulk-shipment-of-hellyer-pyrite-concentrate-unloaded-at-destination-port/
You might also like
Anglo American has agreed to acquire the Serra da Serpentina iron ore resource owned by Vale SA into its Minas-Rio mine in Brazil.