Rio Tinto showcases its rare red and pink diamonds at exclusive mine site preview
Published by Naomi Holliman,
Digital Editorial Assistant
Global Mining Review,
Rio Tinto has unveiled its annual showcase of rare pink and red diamonds in an exclusive preview at the Argyle mine site in the east Kimberley region of Western Australia.
The 64-diamond collection, including three Fancy Red diamonds and weighing 56.28 carats in total, make up the 2019 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender.
Rio Tinto Copper and Diamonds Chief Executive Arnaud Soirat said “I am delighted to be at the Argyle mine for this exclusive world preview. These diamonds, each a natural treasure, are a testament to the enormous range and depth of offering from the Argyle ore body, nearly four decades from when production commenced.
“Rio Tinto’s Argyle mine is the first and only ongoing source of rare pink diamonds in history. With the lifecycle of this extraordinary mine approaching its end, we have seen, and continue to see, unstoppable demand for these truly limited-edition diamonds and strong value appreciation.”
The 2019 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender collection, titled “The Quest for the Absolute” comprises six hero diamonds:
- Lot 1: Argyle Enigma™,1.75 carat modified radiant Fancy Red diamond.
- Lot 2: Argyle Amari™, 1.48 carat heart shaped Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink diamond.
- Lot 3: Argyle Elysian™, 1.20 carat modified cushion shaped Fancy Vivid Pink diamond.
- Lot 4: Argyle Verity™, 1.37 carat oval shaped Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink diamond.
- Lot 5: Argyle Opus™, 2.01 carat round shaped Fancy Intense Pink diamond.
- Lot 6: Argyle Avenoir™, 1.07 carat oval shaped Fancy Red diamond.
The 2019 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender is being showcased in Perth, Hong Kong and New York, with bids closing on 9 October 2019.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/special-reports/15072019/rio-tinto-showcases-its-rare-red-and-pink-diamonds-at-exclusive-mine-site-preview/
You might also like
Komatsu’s GHG alliance members join to learn about zero-emissions progress
The GHG Alliance was created to bring together mining industry leaders to work toward a shared goal of delivering zero-emissions equipment solutions.