Rockfire Resources confirms and expands gold targets at Plateau Gold Deposit
Published by Will Owen,
Global Mining Review,
Rockfire Resources plc has announced that high-grade rock assay results have expanded numerous targets at its 100% owned Plateau Gold Deposit in North Queensland, Australia.
- Rock chip sampling, comprising 34 samples, and geological mapping have been completed over several high priority target areas surrounding Plateau.
- Rock chip sampling at the Northwest Breccia at the Plateau gold deposit has returned high grade results up to 16.8 g/t Au and 50.4 g/t Ag.
- Rock chip sampling at the Northern Breccia, which lies 250 m north of the Eastern Breccia JORC gold resource, has returned results up to 1.89 g/t Au and 24.2 g/t Ag.
- The Northern Breccia is also strongly anomalous in zinc, with one value of 0.66 % Zn returned, along with a further six rock samples returning zinc above 0.1 % Zn.
- A preliminary scoping study for Plateau remains in progress, with initial recommendations expected shortly. The central purpose of the study is to identify additional work required to steer the project through a logical and systematic advanced exploration phase.
- A high-resolution ground magnetic survey is currently in progress at Plateau. This survey covers the two JORC resources at the Central and Eastern Breccias, as well as the Northwest and Northeast Breccias.
- Work planned at Plateau over the next six months includes:
- A gravity survey to define deep targets at the Central Breccia.
- Infill and extension drilling at both the Central and Eastern Breccias.
- Exploration drilling at the Central and Eastern Breccias.
- Soil sampling to define the extent of gold at the Northeast and Northwest Breccias.
- Exploration drilling at the Northeast and Northwest Breccias.
David Price, Chief Executive Officer of Rockfire, comments:
“Rockfire has commenced its onsite exploration for the 2021 field season with rock sampling and geological mapping to confirm targets close to Plateau. This work has confirmed historical high-grade rock samples and extended each target by around 100 m in strike. These highly encouraging results provide opportunity to increase near-surface gold ounces at Plateau once drilling re-starts.
“Rocks strongly anomalous in gold have now been traced for more than 150 m length at the Northwest Breccia and appear to represent two parallel, linear structures. Historical rock sampling identified gold up to 2.49 g/t Au, however Rockfire’s recent sampling has returned grades up to 16.8 g/t Au and 50.4 g/t Ag. This gold trend remains open to the east and west.
“The area approximately 250 m north of the Eastern Breccia gold JORC resource has historically returned anomalous gold-in-rocks up to 12.1 g/t Au. The zone hosting these high grades has been extended by recent Rockfire samples, which returned grades up to 1.9 g/t Au and 24 g/t Ag. The trend of anomalous rock samples is now more than 100 m in length and remains open to the east and west.
“We envisage the potential for two additional gold zones, similar to the Eastern Breccia, which has a JORC resource of 42 700 oz of gold. Clearly, it is too early to predict this outcome, however the surficial geochemistry and geophysics are very similar. We will update the market as further exploration results become available, including results from our Preliminary Scoping Study at Plateau.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/29032021/rockfire-resources-confirms-and-expands-gold-targets-at-plateau-gold-deposit/
You might also like
MCB Project receives Environmental Compliance Certificate
The issuance of the ECC is a vitally important step towards obtaining a Mineral Production Sharing Agreement with the Philippine National Government.