Drilling results from Newcrest Havieron campaign
Published by John Williams,
Global Mining Review,
Greatland Gold PLC, the precious and base metals exploration and development company, has announced results from Newcrest’s drilling campaign at Greatland’s 100% owned Havieron licence in the Paterson region of Western Australia.
During the quarter of September 2019, 7 holes for 9180 m were completed (HAD012-HAD0018). Final assay results have been received for HAD015, HAD016, HAD017 and HAD018 and have been announced. Results for drill holes HAD012, HAD013 and HAD014 were previously reported on 10 September 2019.
Highlights of latest drill results:
HAD018: Intersected mineralisation approximately 100 m north of HAD013 and HAD014 (same drill section as HAD012). Assay results include:
- 75.7 m at 1.9 g/t Au, 0.5% Cu from 597.3 m, including:
- 16.2 m at 6.7 g/t Au, 0.56% Cu from 632.8 m.
- 96.4 m at 4.5 g/t Au, 0.14% Cu from 916.4 m, including:
- 15.4 m at 20 g/t Au, 0.32% Cu from 928.5 m.
- 175 m at 0.43 g/t Au, 0.13% Cu from 1140 m, including:
- 12.9 m at 1.0 g/t Au, 0.41% Cu from 1193.1 m.
HAD017: Intersected mineralisation below HAD013 and HAD014, including the deepest mineralisation intersected at the project to date. Assay results include:
- 124 m at 1.6 g/t Au, 0.35% Cu from 780 m, including:
- 15.2 m at 5.7 g/t Au, 1.2% Cu from 880.2 m.
- 49.6 m at 2.9 g/t Au, 0.12% Cu from 1011.4 m.
- 45 m at 7.1 g/t Au, 0.08% Cu from 1077 m.
- 70 m at 0.78 g/t Au, 0.12% Cu from 1452 m.
HAD016: Passed over the top of the mineralised envelope and did not intersect significant mineralisation.
HAD015: Significant step out to the north, intersected mineralisation approximately 150 m north of HAD013 and HAD014. Assay results include:
- 28 m at 0.96 g/t Au, 0.07% Cu from 979 m.
- 58 m at 0.38 g/t Au, 0.51% Cu from 1186 m.
A further 15 holes (HAD019 to HAD033) are at various stages of progress and further assay results are awaited.
Update on activities at Havieron:
- Phase 2 drilling programme has commenced with six drill rigs now in operation.
- Drilling is ongoing to demonstrate the continuity and extent of the high grade mineralisation.
- Upgrade to the Havieron camp is largely completed, providing additional facilities to meet the increased scale of the campaign.
- Newcrest has met the minimum expenditure commitment (US$5 million) ahead of the expected timetable.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/24102019/drilling-results-from-newcrest-havieron-campaign/
You might also like
Komatsu’s GHG alliance members join to learn about zero-emissions progress
The GHG Alliance was created to bring together mining industry leaders to work toward a shared goal of delivering zero-emissions equipment solutions.