Skip to main content

CAVU Mining acquires Star copper gold porphyry project

Published by , Editor
Global Mining Review,


CAVU Mining Corp. has signed a definitive agreement to option a 51% interest in the Star copper-gold porphyry project in northern British Columbia from Prosper Gold Corp.

The company purchased 49% of the Star Project on April 20, 2022, and now has a path to own 100% of the asset. The Star project is located in the traditional territory of the Tahltan and Taku River Tlingit First Nations.

Highlights:

  • The Star project is a copper-gold porphyry in the Golden Triangle.
  • CAVU owns a 49% interest in the Star project and signed a definitive option agreement to earn the remaining 51% interest in the Star project.
  • Over 13 000 m of modern drilling has been completed within the 6829 ha. claim block.
  • The Star project is fully permitted for advanced exploration with 200 drill sites until 2026.
  • A data verification program will be planned in the near future.
  • CAVU will make payments of 1.25 million shares and $1.15 million over two years.

Dr. Jaap Verbaas, CEO of CAVU, comments:

“The signing of the definitive agreement gives us a path towards full ownership of the Star Project and allows us to start working towards a comprehensive exploration program.

“This fully permitted and drill-ready porphyry project is a great addition to our portfolio and we are looking forward to starting exploration. The company has been taking big strides this year with a 5000 m drill program starting on the Hopper and the acquisition of the Star Project in the Golden Triangle of BC.”

Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/19052022/cavu-mining-acquires-star-copper-gold-porphyry-project/

You might also like

 EnviroTech

Ready to revolutionise the cement industry?

Join our sister publication, World Cement, in Lisbon, 10 – 13 March 2024, for their first in-person conference and exhibition: EnviroTech.

This exclusive knowledge and networking event will bring together cement producers, industry leaders, technical experts, analysts, and other stakeholders to discuss the latest technologies, processes, and policies being deployed at the forefront of the cement industry’s efforts to reduce its environmental footprint.

Get your early bird tickets NOW »

 

The Future of Energy-Efficient Haulage

Nik Gresshoff and Matt Youngblood, Railveyor, review how operators can cut costs and emissions by implementing an electric haulage system.

 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):