Zinnwald Lithium plc, the German focused lithium development company, has provided an operational update as it advances its 100% owned Zinnwald Lithium Project in Germany.
- Improved the project’s economics via process testwork conducted in conjunction with third party engineering groups.
- In-fill drilling programme at the Zinnwald Lithium Deposit to study the mining scale variability of the ore ready to commence, subject to receipt of final permits.
- Exploration drill campaign planned to test the historic drill data to determine the resource potential of the Falkenhain exploration licence as potential feed into the Zinnwald plant.
- Engaged SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd to provide competent person support for the drill campaign and geo-metallurgy work.
- Joined the European Union funded Horizon Europe ‘Exploration Information Systems’ project, focused on developing new exploration techniques.
- Strengthened the team in Germany, adding skills in several key disciplines, including: geology, mining, and logistics.
- Advanced plans to deliver a bankable feasibility study based on the new project parameters within 18 months subject to financing and continued favourable progress on all major fronts.
- Anticipate providing greater clarity on revised project parameters in the form of a Preliminary Economic Assessment as soon as the company can.
- As of 8 June 2022, the company had funds on hand of €6.1 million.
Zinnwald Lithium CEO, Anton du Plessis, said:
“Our objective is to deliver a bankable feasibility study, which in turn will take us closer to delivering a much-needed supply of lithium hydroxide to the European market. The secular demand growth picture underpinned by ambitious, government mandated climate change goals together with limited supply response continues to underpin the robust fundamentals for the sector despite broader economic headwinds.
“To this end, we are very pleased with the continued results from the project; not only have we undertaken extensive testwork focused on producing battery grade lithium hydroxide, but also on optimising all steps of the production process. We are also optimising the plant layout, mine plan, and infrastructure all driving improved project economics.
“I look forward to providing further updates on our progress, as we focus on ensuring the underlying value of our compelling asset is more fully reflected in our share price.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/13062022/zinnwald-lithium-reports-progress-with-project-in-germany/