Greatland Gold plc, a precious and base metals exploration and development company, is pleased to provide an update on Newcrest's drilling campaign at Greatland's Havieron deposit in the Paterson region of Western Australia. Greatland notes the release of an ASX announcement titled ‘Exploration Update’ by Newcrest Mining Ltd on 11 June 2020.
- Pleasing drill results from Havieron further demonstrate improved continuity in the high-grade crescent sulphide zone and extend the strike length of mineralisation to 550 m in the upper 200 m of that zone.
- Drilling has also provided further confirmation of the potential for a bulk tonnage target in the adjacent breccia hosted mineralisation.
- Strike extension drilling 220 m to the north-west of previous intersections has intersected significant mineralisation, indicating the potential to expand the high-grade crescent zone.
- Nine rigs operational as drilling activity continues towards the objective of delivering a maiden resource in 2H20.
- Step out drilling programme to test depth and lateral extent of mineralisation continues.
- Newcrest planning approximately 80 000 m of drilling at Havieron over the next 12 months.
- Environmental and baseline studies progressing to support fast tracking of decline commencement at Havieron by end of calendar year 2020 or early 2021, subject to market and operating conditions and receipt of all necessary permits, consents and approvals.
- Investigating potential to achieve commercial production within two to three years from commencement of decline.
Gervaise Heddle, CEO of Greatland Gold plc, commented: "We are delighted to report the eighth consecutive set of excellent results from Newcrest's drilling campaign at Havieron, including some of the best results to date.
"The crescent zone of high-grade mineralisation has been extended and its continuity once again improved by outstanding infill results. Meanwhile, the extension drilling programme has now commenced and early results are very promising.
"These latest results, some of which are truly spectacular, sharpen our collective focus on the near-term objective of a maiden resource at Havieron, and further reinforce the potential to accelerate the timetable for commercial production."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/11062020/newcrest-reports-further-drill-results-from-havieron/
You might also like
Albemarle Corp. has signed agreements with Caterpillar Inc. to collaborate on solutions to support the full circular battery value chain and sustainable mining operations.