The directors of Thor Mining Plc have announced the latest soil results from the company’s 100% owned Ragged Range gold project, located in Eastern Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Gold in-soil anomalies define eight high quality drill-ready targets.
- High gold in soil values, including 348ppb Au (21RRS0777) and 153 ppb Au (21RRS437), identified in both the central and southern areas of the Sterling Prospect. This is well above background (5 ppb).
- Gold panned 100m down slope of sample 21RRS377 reporting 74.1g/t Au 21RRST016, in pan concentrate.
- Gold in soil anomalies extend materially, along strike at both the Sterling Central and Sterling South areas, with zones over 1.2 km in length and remain open to the north and south.
- 3000m maiden reverse circulation (RC) drilling program scheduled to commence in early October, designed to test these high gold soil and stream anomalies.
- Thor Mining awarded AUS$160 000 from the Western Australia Government under the Government EIS Co-funded grants program, to drill test stream and soil gold anomalies at Sterling Prospect.
- Infill soils and geochemical data analyses continuing, with field mapping and regional soil and stream sampling programs to run concurrent with the scheduled RC drilling program over priority targets within the anomalous 13 km gold corridor at the Sterling Prospect.
Nicole Galloway Warland, Managing Director of Thor Mining, commented:
“The latest results from our surface geochemistry have defined eight new robust drill-ready targets at Sterling Prospect, Ragged Range.
“These results confirm our geological model of shear hosted gold associated with the mafic-ultramafic contact.
“The Directors believe that Ragged Range has significant exploration potential, with all the right ingredients to host significant gold deposits and we look forward to commencing our maiden RC Drilling program at the Sterling Prospect next week.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/07102021/thor-mining-provides-update-on-ragged-range-gold-project/