The directors of Thor Mining Plc have announced that a ground-based electromagnetic survey over the nickel gossan now referred to as the Krona Prospect has commenced at the company’s 100% owned Ragged Range Project, located in the Eastern Pilbara, Western Australia.
- A high-powered Fixed Loop Electromagnetics (FLEM) ground geophysics survey has commenced at the Krona Prospect, extending over the untested nickel gossan located in the western portion of the tenure.
- The survey is designed to detect conductive anomalies at depth that may indicate the presence of nickel sulfide mineralisation.
- The nickel gossan is located at the basal conduct of the Dalton Suite ultramafic unit (altered Archean Komatiite) in the classic location for nickel sulfide mineralisation.
- Lithium: Concurrently the Thor team is on the ground mapping and sampling several lithium targets, including potential lithium-caesium-tantalum (LCT) pegmatites, which have been identified within the prospective 10 km radius of the Split Rock Supersuite at Thor’s Ragged Range Project.
- Gold: Final preparations are in place to commence the second phase of RC drilling at the Sterling Gold Prospect.
Nicole Galloway Warland, Managing Director of Thor Mining, commented:
“Thor is excited to see the geophysics crew begin work on the ground after nearly one year of waiting for this survey to commence as a result of WA border closure and high demand on geophysics crews.
“Geological mapping and sampling indicate that the gossan extends over 1km, with geochemistry highlighting anomalous nickel and chromium. The electromagnetic survey is expected to identify the most prospective areas of nickel sulfide mineralisation at depth to conduct initial drill testing and will take around one week to complete, with results to follow soon after.
“Concurrently, we are working to map and sample several targets prospective for lithium identified within a 10km radius of the Split Rock Supersuite at Ragged Range as well as finalising preparations to commence RC drilling at the Sterling Gold prospect, following up on structurally controlled anomalous gold in streams and soils.
“We look forward to updating the market as soon as results are available.”
Image: Nickel gossan, Krona Prospect
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/06052022/thor-mining-commences-survey-at-its-ragged-range-project/
You might also like
Komatsu has announced it will offer Smart Construction’s 3D Machine Guidance Kit as a simple and flexible technological enhancement for a broad range of standard Komatsu machines.