NQ Minerals Plc has announced that it achieved record production levels in July 2020 of metals concentrates from the company’s flagship Hellyer Gold Mine in Tasmania, Australia.
July 2020 was the first full month of Hellyer plant operations at the new production rate of over 1.2 million tpy. The plant achieved:
- Record Hellyer monthly plant throughput of 106 365 t (1.25 million tpy).
- Record monthly lead concentrate production of 4075 t concentrate, up from the average of 2921 tpm of concentrates 2Q20.
- Zinc concentrate production of 1509 t.
- Saleable gold in concentrates of 461 oz gross (before processing and streaming deductions).
- Saleable silver in concentrates of 89 854 oz gross (before processing and streaming deductions).
David Lenigas, NQ’s Chairman, said: “The recent plant upgrades at Hellyer - an annualised throughput increase to over 1.2 tpy at the end of July - have seen a welcome and dramatic improvement in Hellyer’s operational performance and output. Our lead concentrate production now accounts for around 85% of monthly revenue, up from around 75% last year due to the recent rises in gold and silver prices.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/05082020/nq-minerals-reports-record-monthly-production-at-hellyer-mine/