Greatland Gold commences second year exploration programme at Juri JV
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Greatland Gold plc, the precious and base metals exploration and development company, has commenced the 2022 exploration programme under the Juri joint venture (Juri JV) with partner Newcrest Mining Ltd in the highly prospective Paterson province of Western Australia.
Juri JV 2022 exploration highlights
- Drilling of three high-priority targets to commence in June across the Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences.
- Aerial and ground electromagnetic data review is underway.
- A programme of soil sampling along existing tracks has been completed and submitted for geochemical analysis, to assist in identification of undercover geology and potential subtle mineralisation trends.
- Gravity data reprocessing, aimed at refining existing and generating new targets.
- Heritage clearances completed with establishment of camp infrastructure underway ahead of drill programme.
- The planned work has been agreed between the JV partners and is funded solely by Newcrest.
The Paterson Range East licence lies approximately 25 km north of the company's Havieron gold-copper project and covers 224 km2 of Proterozoic basement rocks prospective for Havieron style gold-copper mineralisation. The Black Hills licence covers 25 km2 and lies approximately 20 km west of Havieron and 30 km northeast of Newcrest’s Telfer Gold Mine.
Shaun Day, Managing Director of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “After a promising first year programme, we are excited to commence on-the-ground activities for the second year exploration and drilling campaign under the Juri JV with Newcrest.
“There is an enhanced, rich source of information available to interpret from including prior year’s drilling results, aerial and ground electromagnetic data and the Juri JV teams have used this to identify promising high priority targets to be drilled over the next few months.
“The Juri JV campaign forms part of Greatland’s wider exploration portfolio in the highly prospective Paterson region and represents another opportunity to add value to the company. In addition, we look forward to moving ahead with upcoming exploration activities at Greatland’s other 100% owned licences to take advantage of our strong position in the region.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/31052022/greatland-gold-commences-second-year-exploration-programme-at-juri-jv/
You might also like
Orica introduces 4D™ bulk explosives system for underground operations
Orica has developed a new bulk emulsion explosives delivery system for underground operators that allows precise control of in-hole explosive energy.