The directors of Thor Mining Plc have advised of positive preliminary internal copper results from early stages of diamond drilling at Alford East Copper-Gold Project, South Australia.
- Two diamond holes completed at Alford East Copper-Gold Project: 21AED001 and 21AED002.
- pXRF copper readings from an inhouse pXRF analyser, highlight wide downhole intercepts above the mineral resource estimate (MRE) grades. Intercepts include:
- 106.5 m at 0.14% copper (Cu) (pXRF) from 8 m (21AED001), including 33 m at 0.40% Cu (pXRF) from 81.5 m (21AED001).
- 55.5 m at 0.28% Cu (pXRF) from 28 m (21AED002).
- Whilst preliminary and indicative only, drilling to date validates the current geological model and structural controls on mineralisation. Core is currently being cut ready for sample submission to laboratory for analytical analysis.
- 21AED001 was drilled in the centre of AE-5 Domain of the MRE, confirming the MRE envelope and the interpreted top of fresh rock (TOFR) contact. This contact is critical for potential in situ recovery (ISR) of the copper and gold from the weathered oxide resource.
- 21AED002 was drilled (20 m) to the north of AE-5 Domain outside of the MRE envelope, thus extending the limits of known mineralisation.
- This 2000 m diamond drilling programme focuses only on the of the northern mineralised domains of the Alford East copper-gold deposit, targeting depth extension, higher copper-gold grades, and structural delineation.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/29062021/thor-mining-announces-preliminary-alford-copper-results/
You might also like
Flender has received the Supplier Excellence Recognition Award from Caterpillar.