Tectonic Metals Inc. has announced Phase I drill results from the first seven diamond drill holes comprising a total of 803 m of drilling from the company’s 2021 campaign at the Tibbs Gold Project, located less than 35 km from Northern Star Resources’ Pogo Gold Mine. Drill results include highlight intercepts containing visible gold and returning 7.69 g/t gold (Au) over 6.12 m, including 33.92 g/t Au over 1.22 m and 12.45 g/t Au over 5.15 m, including 41.39 g/t Au over 1.26 m. Assay results are pending from an additional 23 drill holes from the second phase of diamond and reverse circulation (RC) drilling comprising an additional 4215 m. Tectonic drilled a total of 5018 m, both RC and oriented diamond, during the 2021 season.
- Tectonic’s maiden oriented core diamond drilling successfully intersected high-grade gold mineralisation at two key mineralized zones at Tibbs: Gray Lead and Michigan.
- Oriented core diamond drilling at Gray Lead intersected high-grade Pogo-style quartz-pyrite-arsenopyrite veining with visible gold:
- TBDD21-007: 12.45 g/t Au over 5.15 m, including 41.39 g/t Au over 1.26 m.
- TBDD21-006: 5.67 g/t Au over 6.89 m, including 12.3 g/t Au over 1.89 m.
- Structural measurements and analysis of high-grade intervals identified a previously unknown northwest plunge to the high-grade core of the Gray Lead vein system, which remains untested.
- The Gray Lead Zone is open in all directions and at present contains 250 m of mineralised strike to a depth of 120 m vertical.
- Oriented core diamond drilling in the heart of the Michigan structure successfully intersects high-grade gold hosted by discrete quartz-stibnite-pyrite-arsenopyrite veins with visible gold:
- TBDD21-001: 7.69 g/t Au over 6.12 m, including 33.92 g/t Au over 1.22 m.
- TBDD21-002: 1.81 g/t Au over 5 m.
- Structural measurements and analysis indicate an east-west orientation for high-grade, visible gold-bearing quartz veins, within a broad northeast-trending damage zone.
- The Michigan Zone is open in all directions and at present contains 275 m of mineralised strike to a vertical depth of 250 m.
- Assays have only been received for seven oriented core diamond holes completed in Phase I and reported herein for a total of 803 m of drilling.
- Assay results are pending for the 23 drill hole (4215 m) exploratory component of the 2021 programme, which was informed by the company’s 2021 TITAN geophysical survey, the comprehensive geological knowledge gained from the initial diamond drilling, and the new 2021 high-grade gold rock sampling from Tibbs South.
Tony Reda, President and CEO, commented: “Our Phase I diamond drilling program at Tibbs targeted some of the highest tenor gold anomalies in the Goodpaster Mining District of Alaska, obtaining the first ever oriented drill core from Tibbs and successfully intersecting multiple intervals of visible gold in quartz veining at Michigan, as well as Pogo-style quartz veining at Gray Lead. Tectonic’s diamond drilling campaign identified previously unknown controls on high-grade mineralization, with an east-west vein trend revealed within the core of Michigan, and a previously unrecognised plunge to the northwest within the high-grade core of the Gray Lead vein. We now eagerly await our Phase II drill results, the bulk of our exploration programme, which predominantly tested new gold-in-soil and rock anomalies that have high potential for discovery.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/26102021/tectonic-metals-announces-tibbs-gold-drill-results/