Greatland Gold plc, a leading development and exploration company with a focus on tier-one gold-copper deposits, has announced that drilling has commenced at its 100% owned Scallywag licence, the latest campaign in the company's 2021 multifaceted exploration programme in the Paterson province of Western Australia.
After receiving regulatory permits the company has commenced testing multiple new targets at Scallywag following analysis of results of a Heliborne Electromagnetic (EM) survey conducted last year and further geological interpretation of regional aeromagnetic and gravity datasets.
Exploration work at Scallywag is focused on the discovery of large-scale intrusion related gold-copper deposits such as Havieron, Telfer and Winu.
- Multiple conductors were identified following a detailed analysis of Heliborne EM including:
- Swan: a strong airborne EM conductor located in an interpreted fold structure with coincident gravity anomaly developed adjacent to, or truncated by, a crustal scale fault.
- A34, A35 and A36: discrete segments of strongly conductive material coincident with a positive gravity response.
- Additional nearby new targets were identified from ongoing geological interpretation assisted by detailed aeromagnetic and gravity data. Targets include ‘Architeuthis’, ‘Teach’ and ‘Barbossa West’.
- The first pass program comprises eight holes for 4500 m, with heritage clearances and statutory work permits now in place.
- Ground EM will commence in the coming weeks to further improve our understanding and model several conductors identified from the airborne EM.
Shaun Day, CEO of Greatland Gold plc, commented: "We are excited to have commenced our drilling campaign at Scallywag, which is focused on a number of high-priority targets in ground adjacent to Havieron. These targets have been selected due to their compelling geological characteristics borne out across multiple datasets and analysis, particularly the EM survey conducted last year.
“As a 100% owned asset, Scallywag presents an opportunity to deploy our proven expertise and potentially deliver further exploration upside for our shareholders.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/24082021/greatland-gold-commences-drilling-at-scallywag-licence/