Alien Metals starts preparations for Phase 3 Hancock drilling
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Alien Metals Ltd, a global minerals exploration and development company, has updated the market on the Hancock Iron Ore Project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- With the final laboratory assay results from the second phase of drilling now received, preparations have begun to optimise the Phase 3 drilling programme, which is anticipated to be completed during 4Q21.
- The Phase 3 programme is designed to target the delineation of a maiden resource estimate at the Western Ridges Prospect.
- The Phase 2 programme has clearly defined significant widths of direct shipping ore (DSO) from surface at the Sirius Extension Prospect and the Western Ridges Prospect.
- All intersections from the Sirius Extension Project clearly point to a contiguous DSO grade deposit.
- Further intersections from Sirius Extension include:
- AM21RC002 008: 90 m at 59.60 % iron (Fe) from 10 m.
- AM21RC002 010: 119 m at 58.87 % Fe from 1 m.
- AM21RC002 011: 43 m at 57.41 % Fe from 1 m.
- These results will be included in the maiden resource estimation work and mining studies that recently commenced. Management expects initial results from these programmes in September.
- Significant intersections from the Western Ridges Prospect include:
- AM21RC002 022: 10 m at 58.37 % Fe from 8 m.
- AM21RC002 025: 10 m at 60.20 % Fe from 10 m.
- AM21RC002 032: 11 m at 59.46 % Fe from 7 m.
- AM21RC002 035: 10 m at 60.32 % Fe from 13 m.
- AM21RC002 036: 12 m at 62.54 % Fe from 2 m.
- AM21RC001 030: 14 m at 62.80 % Fe from 1 m.
Bill Brodie Good, CEO and Technical Director of Alien Metals, commented: “At each new step, the Hancock tenement is shaping up to be a significant development opportunity for Alien. We have now defined a robust DSO grade iron ore orebody at the Sirius Extension Prospect, and are pushing ahead with detailed development and study work to bring this project online as soon as is practical. We also believe that the Western Ridges Prospect provides a significant opportunity to open a second front on the potential development schedule within this outstanding tenement.”
John Battista, Principal Mining Consultant, Mining Plus, added: “Based on our conceptual study-level work to date, the Hancock project has the potential to be developed into a niche direct-shipping iron ore producer in the heart of the world-famous Pilbara region of Western Australia.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/24082021/alien-metals-starts-preparations-for-phase-3-hancock-drilling/
You might also like
Atalaya Mining publishes 2022 annual results
Steady operational performance and improved cost outlook is expected for 2023.