Greatland Gold plc, a precious and base metals exploration and development company, has announced the initial 2021 work programme for the Juri joint venture (JV), including drilling of several targets within the Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences.
Multiple additional targets within the Juri JV have been identified following analysis of results of a heliborne airborne electromagnetic (AEM) survey conducted last year and further geological interpretation of regional aeromagnetics. Exploration work at the Juri JV is focused on the discovery of intrusion related gold-copper deposits similar to Havieron, Telfer and Winu.
2021 Juri JV work programme
- First round of drilling of high priority targets across the Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences, including Los Diablos, Goliath, Outamind and Parlay, expected to commence by early April.
- Ground electromagnetics (EM) surveys to be conducted over several new targets identified following interpretation of AEM data to better locate and prioritise targets.
- Camps and infrastructure are being established with field activities scheduled to commence in the coming weeks.
Additional targets identified
- Analysis of results from a Heliborne AEM geophysical survey conducted in 2020 has identified multiple new conductors within the Juri JV, including:
- A11: a moderate amplitude anomaly located along or adjacent to the major province scale Anketell-Samphire Fault.
- A25 (Tama Prospect): a strong, apparently flat lying conductor, interpreted to represent a supergene horizon developed in or over an intermediate to mafic pipe intruding granite.
Shaun Day, CEO of Greatland Gold plc, commented: "It is with great excitement that we announce plans to begin exploration under our second JV with Newcrest in the Paterson region. Drilling will commence in the coming weeks at our Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences, testing the high-priority targets Parlay, Goliath, Outamind and Los Diablos. The JV will also look to progress several additional compelling targets that have emerged following analysis of geophysical data. We entered the Juri JV to accelerate our exploration activity and maximise value of the Paterson Range East and Black Hills licences and this initial 2021 work programme is an important step towards achieving that goal.
"The Juri JV campaign forms part of our multi-pronged exploration strategy for 2021 in the highly prospective Paterson region. As Juri JV drilling gets underway, this will complement the ongoing work at Havieron with 65 000 m of growth drilling planned in the next 6 months together with our exploration activities at our 100% licences across the region."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/23022021/greatland-gold-agrees-work-programme-for-juri-jv-with-newcrest-mining/