Rockfire Resources plc, a gold and base metal exploration company, has provided an update to its exploration programmes currently underway at the company's 100%-owned gold and copper projects in North Queensland, Australia.
- Diamond drilling is well underway at the Copperhead porphyry project.
- During the preparation of tracks, pads and infrastructure for drilling, the Rockfire geologists continued to observe weathered sulfides in fractures and veins at Copperhead. As the access tracks advanced towards the drill site, zones of malachite and azurite (copper carbonate) were mapped, as well as occasional fresh chalcopyrite (copper sulfide) in veins.
- 66 rock samples have been collected along the access tracks and in proximity to the drill pads. Samples have been sent to the laboratory in Townsville for analysis.
- Landowner access and compensation continues to be negotiated at the Copper Dome porphyry project in advance of diamond drilling.
- A high-definition gravity survey was completed at the Plateau gold deposit, part of the Lighthouse tenement. This survey successfully identified two gravity ‘high’ anomalies, showing potential concentrations of sulfides at depth.
- One gravity anomaly lies immediately southeast of Rockfire's drilling at Plateau, whilst the second, stronger gravity anomaly lies further southeast of Plateau, in a location not previously tested by any drilling.
- Gravity surface data will be collected by our field team for input into a 3D interpretation, to determine the depth and orientation of the gravity anomaly in 3D.
David Price, CEO of Rockfire, commented: “Our exploration team has achieved a remarkable outcome to re-establish access, source water, identify a suitable drilling rig for the terrain and prepare for this logistically-challenging drilling programme. I am pleased to inform shareholders that diamond drilling is underway at Copperhead, almost 50 years after copper was first discovered there.
“Copper carbonates at surface become more abundant closer to the drilling site and it's most encouraging to see copper minerals forming part of the interstitial rock matrix, as well as vein-hosted copper. This implies the potential for two styles of copper mineralisation.
“Geological mapping is highlighting multiple areas of high-magnetism associated with broken, silica-altered rocks hosting iron oxides, copper carbonates, quartz veining and pegmatite dykes. Rockfire will be analysing rock samples for lithium to ensure pegmatite-hosted lithium is tested.
“Diamond drilling is expected to continue for the next 2 – 3 months and the company will update the market with our drilling progress and results, as they are received.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/17082021/rockfire-resources-provides-exploration-update/
You might also like
Madison Metals Inc. has announced the exercise of all remaining warrants with an expiration of 26 January 2023, for a total exercise of over 3 million warrants.