Castillo Copper Limited (CCZ) has announced that a comprehensive drilling campaign is now underway at the core Mt Oxide Project, within Mt Isa’s copper-belt, across three key prospects.
- A comprehensive drilling campaign, comprising reverse circulation and diamond drilling, is now underway at the flagship Mt Oxide Project across three key prospects:
- Big One Deposit – work has begun on 26 drill-holes for 2828 m, with the focus on intersecting new targets off the 1200 m strike event to extend known copper mineralisation. Further, a geophysics team will conduct a follow up DHEM survey to determine the relative density of the underlying copper mineralization.
- Arya & Sansa Prospects – the logistics and geology teams are concurrently finalising access, programme design and site preparation to ensure optimally drilling several bedrock conductors and will begin once work concludes at Big One Deposit.
- Looking forward, with ample funding up to AUS$13.5 million post the recent placement , the geology team is honing in on drill-testing structurally controlled copper targets such as at the Eldorado and Valparaisa Prospects.
- Finally, CCZ has announced that David Drakeley of geology consultancy, FieldCrew4 , has been appointed to manage the integrated exploration programme across the Mt Oxide Project.
Castillo Copper’s Managing Director, Simon Paull, commented: “Over the next few months, the Board’s core focus is to maximise exploration efforts across our flagship Mt Oxide Project. More pointedly, with a plethora of high quality drillable targets, shored up by ample funding, the Board’s strategic intent to transform CCZ into a mid-tier copper group is set to gain considerable momentum.”
Comprehensive drilling campaign at Mt Oxide Project
Work has now commenced on a comprehensive reverse circulation (RC) and diamond drilling (DD) campaign at the flagship Mt Oxide Project across three key initial targets:
- Big One Deposit: The programme, which comprises 26 drill-holes for 2828 m, has been designed to test several new and existing targets, north-and-south of the 1200 m strike event, to extend known copper mineralisation. Following a recent induced polarisation (IP) survey and geophysics review, the drilling programme was re-designed to ensure optimal results. In tandem with the current drilling programme, a DHEM survey is being conducted that will enable further insights to be determined, especially the density of the underlying copper mineralization.
- Arya & Sansa Prospects: Once work at the Big One Deposit is complete, the drilling team will move across to the Arya & Sansa Prospects, where several bedrock conductors have already been identified. Currently, the logistics and geology teams are finalising access, optimal drill programme design and site preparation in readiness for work to commence.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/16062021/castillo-copper-commences-drilling-at-mt-oxide/
You might also like
Arca has received funding support from the CICE for its air-to-rock carbon mineralisation project that will use tailings from an Australian mine owned by BHP.