Revolver Resources Ltd, an Australian exploration company focused on the development of copper for the world’s accelerating electrification, has announced three significant diamond drilling (DD) intercepts including a 6.95 m downhole intercept of massive sulfide with visual estimate of up to 90% combined (pyrite – chalcopyrite – sphalerite) sulfides from the Phase 1 Drilling programme at Dianne Project in the Palmer River region of North Queensland.
- First three DD holes intersected impressive intervals of visible copper and zinc sulfide and secondary copper mineralisation with assays pending.
- Hole 21DMDD003: Outstanding 6.95 m down hole intersection from 145.92 m of massive sulfide visual estimate of up to > 90% combined sulfide (pyrite – chalcopyrite – sphalerite) over the full interval.
- Hole 21DMDD001: At the Green Hill Zone, intersected 47.1 m from 0.8 m down hole of secondary copper mineralisation (chalcocite, cuprite, malachite, and azurite).
- Hole 21DMDD002: At the Green Hill Zone, intersected 50.6 m from 0.7 m down hole of secondary copper mineralisation (chalcocite, cuprite, malachite, and azurite).
- These initial Revolver drill results, and the recently reported re-assays from historic drill holes of the unmined section of the high-grade supergene chalcocite zone, including 9 m at 15.64% copper (Cu) and 0.14% zinc (Zn) and 26.1 g/t silver (Ag) from 117.35 m demonstrate the potential of the Dianne Project.
- Holes 21DMDD001 to DD003 will be used for graded confirmation and metallurgical test work within the massive sulfide body and the Green Hill oxide copper zone to support the planned Dianne initial mineral resource estimate (IMRE).
- The phase 1 drill programme has now advanced to testing a series of compelling down plunge and along strike exploration targets adjacent to the known copper deposit.
Revolver's Managing Director, Pat Williams, said: “If a picture paints a thousand words, then these results speak volumes. We are thrilled with the early drill results achieved at our Dianne Project. This asset clearly demonstrates the hallmark signs of an exceptional mineral deposit.
“This asset represents an incredible untapped potential for the Revolver business and our shareholders. These new drill results demonstrate the spectacular potential of the Dianne Project.
“Revolver is making compelling progress on a number of work fronts and has compressed the timeframe to deliver on many of our prospectus commitments. We are now in a position to deliver our IMRE well ahead of our original IPO timelines, aiming for the beginning of 2Q22.
“We have established a clear and efficient forward momentum with our exploration operations and plan to maintain this intensity over the coming months as we announce further updates on the progress of the company’s performance.”
Revolver has completed the first three holes of the initial drill programme at the high-grade Dianne Copper project with significant intervals of visible copper +/- zinc mineralisation intersected in all three holes. These drill holes were targeted to confirm the copper grade and to deliver material for metallurgical testing from the massive sulfide body and near surface Green Hill Zone of fracture veinlet copper oxide and supergene sulfide mineralisation for the planned IMRE.
Assay results are pending for all three holes, however the presence of abundant visible copper and zinc mineralisation in these drill holes confirms that all holes have intersected potentially significant intervals of mineralisation.
Hole 21DM DD003 has returned a significant intersection of 6.95 m (down hole) from 145.95 m of massive chalcopyrite (CuFeS2) – sphalerite (ZnFeS) – pyrite mineralisation from the primary sulfide zone of the massive sulfide body. Visual estimates (guided by pXRF readings) suggest the full massive sulfide interval is over 90% total sulfide, with some sub-metre intervals estimated to be over 40% chalcopyrite and other sections of the core estimated to be up to 20% sphalerite.
Revolver has recently announced results from re-assaying of an adjacent historic hole (DMD 003) drilled into the primary mineralised zone that returned an intersection of 5.56 m at 5.1% Cu, 5.1% Zn and 31.1 g/t Ag from 162.16 m.
Holes 21DM DD001 and 002 were drilled into the Green Hill Zone of copper oxide and supergene sulfide mineralisation, returning intersections of 47.1 m from 0.8 m down hole and 50.6 m from 0.7 m down hole respectively, of visible secondary copper sulfide (chalcocite), copper oxide (cuprite) and copper carbonates (malachite, azurite) and native copper.
Revolver is currently recovering and validating historic drill hole data from the Green Hill Zone and will report these intersections of copper mineralisation in the near future.
The Green Hill mineralisation has not been previously mined, however the near surface stockwork character of the mineralisation suggests it may be potentially be amenable to an opencast bulk mining approach.
Exploration drill programme
Revolver’s focus is now clearly directed towards a series of compelling exploration targets. Initial drilling will concentrate on step out targets adjacent to the known massive sulfide body and Green Hill stockwork zone. Analysis of the historic drilling has been used to build a contour thickness map of the massive sulfide body. This has highlighted a series of completing ‘down plunge’ drill targets where the previously drilling has not tested for ‘near field’ extensions to the massive sulfide.
As series of deeper drill holes have also been planned for early 2022 that will test for new bodies of massive sulfide at depth. These holes will also be used for a down hole electromagnetics survey in the New Year to further test for conductive anomalies that may represent deeper sulfide mineralisation.
Revolver has also initiated an integrated surface mapping, geochemistry and ground-based geophysics programme to identify additional drill targets at the district scale. Updates will be provided as results from this programme come to hand.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/15122021/revolver-resources-announces-dianne-project-drill-results/
You might also like
Andrada Mining has provided an update on the first production at its lithium pilot plant in Namibia.