Copper Mountain Mining Corporation has announced positive results from 48 drill holes, totalling 7936 m, drilled on the C6, C1 and C2 targets at its Cameron Copper Project, as part of ongoing exploration at the property. The drill programme encountered intercepts of high-grade mineralisation, within long, low-grade mineralised envelopes, with lateral continuity between intercepts of up to 1 km. The company plans to carry out further drilling that will also include new undrilled targets with significant copper-gold anomalies in surface soil and rock samples. Cameron is situated 40 km south of the company’s Eva Copper Project, located in the Mount Isa region of Queensland, Australia, near Cloncurry.
- Hole QMR018: 39 m of 0.5% copper (Cu) and 0.13 g/t gold (Au).
- Hole QMR021: 28 m of 0.58% Cu and 0.03 g/t Au.
- Hole QMR022: 80 m of 0.44% Cu and 0.02 g/t Au.
- Hole QMR023: 91 m of 0.25% Cu and 0.02 g/t Au.
- Hole QMR025: 135 m of 0.37% Cu and 0.03 g/t Au.
- Hole QMR026: 40 m of 0.36% Cu and 0.02 g/t Au.
- Hole QMR027: 29 m of 0.45% Cu and 0.04 g/t Au.
- Hole CPR660: 11 m of 1.35% Cu and 0.74 g/t Au.
- Hole CPR661: 30 m of 0.64% Cu and 0.25 g/t Au.
- Hole CPR667: 25 m of 0.73% Cu and 0.13 g/t Au.
- Hole CPR670: 84 m of 0.56% Cu and 0.97 g/t Au.
- Hole CPR671: 36 m of 0.57% Cu and 0.28 g/t Au.
- Hole CPR673 returned 20 m of 0.32% Cu and 1.13g/t Au.
- Hole RED010 returned 95 m 0.3% Cu and 0.04 g/t Au.
- Includes: 8 m of 0.78% Cu and 0.12 g/t Au.
- Includes: 11 m of 0.45% Cu and 0.05 g/t Au.
- Hole RED011: 123 m of 0.24% Cu and 0.01 g/t Au.
- Hole RED013: 79 m of 0.25% Cu and 0.01 g/t Au and 51 m of 0.41% Cu and 0.01 g/t Au.
- Hole RED020: 139 m of 0.22% Cu and 0.01 g/t Au.
“These results are very promising and validate these priority targets,” commented Gil Clausen, Copper Mountain’s President and CEO. “They indicate that there is a potential for a larger mineralised system. This was an initial exploratory drill programme to test the geophysical and geochemistry work done to date. These mineralised zones show more continuity with increased drilling. The drilled zones remain open to expansion, and there are numerous targets yet to be drill tested. More drilling is required, and we plan on putting a systematic programme in place to develop these targets with additional drilling this year and into 2022. The current results confirm our belief that there is potential for discovery of copper resources.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/12102021/copper-mountain-announces-cameron-copper-project-drill-results/
You might also like
Flender has received the Supplier Excellence Recognition Award from Caterpillar.