Thor Mining commences field work
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
The directors of Thor Mining Plc have announced that field work has commenced at its 100% owned Ragged Range Project located in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
The field programme is designed to follow up previously reported success from stream sediment samples collected across the tenements, which defined a highly anomalous 13 km long gold target zone, with gold values up to 2.2 g/t gold (Au) (20PST 51 FA25) and 1886 ppb Au (20PST 54 Au AR25) and identified three magnetic targets (see releases on 1 December 2020 and 10 December 2020).
- Extensive geochemical field programme has commenced at Ragged Range.
- Programme consists of soil, stream sediment and rockchip sampling in conjunction with geological mapping.
- The field programme also targets follow up at the Sterling Prospect, where the thrust faulted mafic/ultramafic contact is considered a priority target.
- Drilling logistical activities will also be completed whilst the team is in the field.
- Next steps: RC drilling programme scheduled for May/June 2021 targeting gold at Sterling Central and Nickel gossan.
Mick Billing, Executive Chairman of Thor Mining, commented: "After a lengthy wet season, we are excited to be back out in the field exploring the Ragged Ranges Project.
"A number of gold targets have been identified from both previous geochemical programmes and the airborne magnetic survey and we look forward to firming these up for the upcoming drilling programme.
"Access logistics will also be established for the maiden drill programme for this project, scheduled shortly.
"We look forward to updating investors of progress, as results become available."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/12042021/thor-mining-commences-field-work/
You might also like
MCB Project receives Environmental Compliance Certificate
The issuance of the ECC is a vitally important step towards obtaining a Mineral Production Sharing Agreement with the Philippine National Government.