Greatland Gold provide drilling campaign update
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Greatland Gold plc, a precious and base metals exploration and development company, is pleased to provide an update on Newcrest’s drilling campaign at Greatland’s Havieron deposit in the Paterson region of Western Australia.
The new breccia zone (Northern Breccia), identified in step out drilling in the north west part of the Havieron deposit, continues to expand with further drilling. Currently, the Northern Breccia has a footprint of ~300 m x 100 m x 300 m open at depth and highlights a broad bulk tonnage target.
Greatland notes the release of a recent ASX announcement titled ‘Exploration Update’ by Newcrest Mining Ltd.
- Further excellent results from the Northern Breccia highlight the potential for a broad bulk tonnage target at Havieron.
- Importantly, higher grade zones related to massive sulphide mineralisation are also observed within the Northern Breccia.
- Infill drilling results continue to demonstrate geological and grade continuity within the high-grade crescent sulfide zone and surrounding breccia.
- Latest drill results provide additional support to the ongoing investigation of both high-grade selective and bulk mining methods.
- These results further advance the geological understanding of the system and indicate further potential for additional breccia and higher-grade sulfide style mineralisation in the less explored Northern Breccia region.
- On track to deliver an initial resource for Havieron in calendar 4Q20.
- Exploration programmes at Havieron continue, with both infill drilling to deliver a resource and step out drilling to define the extent of the mineralised system.
- Environmental and baseline studies progressing to support potential commencement of decline at Havieron by end of calendar year 2020 or early 2021, subject to market and operating conditions and receipt of all necessary permits, consents and approvals.
- Continuing to investigate potential to achieve commercial production within 2 – 3 years from commencement of decline.
Gervaise Heddle, CEO of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “The expansion of the new Northern Breccia zone is an important development that highlights the potential for a bulk tonnage mining operation at Havieron. Significantly, excellent results from step out drilling to date indicate the presence of higher-grade, massive sulphide mineralisation within the breccia bodies, which are yet to be fully defined by drilling and remain open at depth.
“As Newcrest’s ongoing exploration programmes continue to define the extent of the mineralised system, we are also pleased to confirm the expected delivery of an initial resource at Havieron in 4Q20. Alongside the progress at Havieron, we are continuing with our exploration plans at our other assets in the Paterson region and look forward to providing the market with further updates.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/10092020/greatland-gold-provide-drilling-campaign-update/
You might also like
MCB Project receives Environmental Compliance Certificate
The issuance of the ECC is a vitally important step towards obtaining a Mineral Production Sharing Agreement with the Philippine National Government.