Rockfire Resources plc, a gold and base metal exploration company, has announced that a gold-in-soil anomaly has been identified from soil sampling at the Jeddah Gold Prospect, located within the company's 100%-owned Lighthouse tenement in North Queensland, Australia.
- Jeddah is located 2 km southwest of the company's Plateau Gold Deposit, within the Lighthouse tenement.
- In May 2018, Rockfire announced high-grade continuous rock chip samples at Jeddah, including 10 m at 1.68 g/t gold (Au) and 8 m at 1.23 g/t Au.
- A cohesive gold anomaly has now been detected by soil sampling at Jeddah, covering an area of 250 m (east-west), by 150 m (north-south).
- The anomaly is defined by a low-order zone of + 10 ppb Au, with a peak value of 62 ppb Au.
- The gold anomaly is open towards the south and the company plans to extend soil sampling in that direction.
- Jeddah is an early-stage prospect, requiring grass-roots-style exploration, including geological/structural mapping, extension of the soil sampling and a ground magnetic survey.
David Price, CEO of Rockfire, commented: "Our exploration work continues to generate and upgrade our exploration targets within the Lighthouse tenement. As more exploration is completed, our team assigns a priority ranking to our numerous prospects, enabling efficient and cost-effective exploration.
“Being so close to Plateau, Jeddah provides an excellent prospect, particularly as epithermal textures in quartz veins have been mapped. The neighbouring Pajingo Gold Mine, which has produced more than 3 million oz of gold, lies 25 km southwest of Jeddah and is an epithermal gold deposit.
"While further exploration is planned at Jeddah, Rockfire will continue to focus on the Plateau deposit in the near-term, following the significant Mineral Resource upgrade announced in January 2021. Our regional exploration work is continuing, including a 3D magnetic analysis of the Copperhead porphyry copper project, also in Queensland. We look forward to updating the market of our progress on these activities in due course."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/10022021/rockfire-resources-provides-jeddah-gold-prospect-update/
You might also like
Forming part of its plans to increase gold production, TRX Gold Corp. has announced that its new 1000 tpd capacity ball mill has arrived on site at the Buckreef Gold Project, Tanzania.