Calibre Mining Corp. has provided drill results, and an update on the progress at its 100% owned Eastern Borosi Project (EBP) located in northeastern Nicaragua. Calibre is advancing the high-grade opencast and underground resource zones at EBP to provide mill feed to the Libertad mill, which currently has 50% surplus capacity.
Infill drill results highlights
Guapinol Open Pit
- 9.07 g/t gold (Au) and 19.9 g/t silver (Ag) over 6.5 m estimated true width (ETW) from 216 m (GP-21-082).
- 25.9 g/t Au and 15.3 g/t Ag over 1.9 m ETW from 163 m (GP-21-083).
- 22.7 g/t Au and 25.5 g/t Ag over 1.8 m ETW from 160.7 m (GP-21-087).
Vancouver Open Pit
- 6.42 g/t Au and 14.1 g/t Ag over 7.1 m ETW from 32.4 m (GP-21-071).
- 4.46 g/t Au and 39.7 g/t Ag over 4.8 m ETW from 79.9 m (GP-21-072).
Riscos De Oro Underground
- 26.49 g/t Au and 99.4 g/t Ag over 2.2 m ETW from 313.3 m (RDO -21-052).
- 7.76 g/t Au and 186 g/t Ag over 2.9 m ETW from 284 m (RDO-21-056).
- 3.18 g/t Au and 262.2 g/t Ag over 8.2 m ETW from 204 m (RDO -21-057).
- Completed 75% of the infill, metallurgical, geotechnical, and hydrological drilling.
- Additional Guapinol drill results are pending from infill holes completed in the vicinity of previously drilled holes in the core of the high-grade shoot that assayed:
- Acquired most of the required surface rights.
- Advanced social, technical, environmental work including.
- Guapinol/Vancouver opencast design, site layout and infrastructure plans.
- Riscos de Oro underground mine design specialists engaged.
Darren Hall, President and CEO of Calibre, stated: “EBP represents an exciting opportunity to provide additional high-grade mill feed to our Libertad mill as part of our Hub and Spoke operating strategy. Our initial focus has been on progressing the Guapinol, Vancouver and Riscos De Oro deposits, which contain inferred resources of 515 000 oz of Au and 4.37 million oz of Ag, averaging 8.15 g/t Au and 69 g/t Ag (see news release dated 20 April 2021). Considering we only commenced work in February 2021, I am pleased with the team's progress, particularly as we have now acquired most of the required surface rights to facilitate open pit and underground mining at EBP. Given the excellent progress in the last 5 months, I expect permit applications to commence, and updated mineral resource estimates for Guapinol/Vancouver and Riscos De Oro to be completed during 1Q22.”
Additionally, Mark Petersen, VP Exploration and his team believe EBP has strong potential for resource growth and new discoveries along an 8 x 10 km structural vein trend that remains open to the northeast and southwest: “By the end of July, we should have our infill programme completed allowing our teams to focus on the initial 7500 m resource growth drilling around known high-grade deposits.”
- Over 20 new gold targets have been identified across the 176 km2 land package with excellent potential to expand known resources and make new discoveries.
- Previously drilled vein systems that do not currently host resources include:
- The Cadillac Zone which returned drill results including 8.93 g/t Au and 57.4 g/t Ag over 2.6 m ETW (LS15-008).
- The San Cristobal Zone: 10.92 g/t Au and 859.0 g/t Ag over 5.7 m ETW (SC18-002).
- The Veta Loca Zone: 10.15 g/t Au and 6.9 g/t Ag over 5.4 m ETW (GP16-046).
- Resource expansion drilling to begin 3Q21.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/08072021/calibre-advances-eastern-borosi-project-ahead-of-schedule/
You might also like
Komatsu has announced it will offer Smart Construction’s 3D Machine Guidance Kit as a simple and flexible technological enhancement for a broad range of standard Komatsu machines.