Alien Metals Ltd, a minerals exploration and development company, has announced that the company has received initial results from the maiden drilling programme at its Hancock Iron Ore project, which is part of the Hamersley Iron Ore Project, Western Australia.
- Drilling completed in March 2021, with 53 reverse circulation (RC) holes for 3350 m of shallow drilling across priority high grade direct shipping ore (DSO) targets.
- Three main target areas drilled, including Sirius Extension.
- Results received to date from 17 holes. Best results to date include:
- 26 m at 54.3 % iron (Fe) from surface, including 13 m at 61.5 % Fe from 2 m depth hole AM21RC001 006.
- 18 m at 55.1% Fe from surface hole AM21RC001 016.
- 10 m at 55% Fe from 3 m hole AM21RC001 012.
- 66 m of banded iron formation (BIF) intercepted in hole AM21RC001 027 with results pending.
- Drilling confirms new iron ore zone targets in permit area.
- Interpretation work outlines much larger target areas for follow up.
- Assay results of remaining 36 drill holes expected during May.
Bill Brodie Good, CEO and Technical Director of Alien Metals, commented: "We are really pleased with the success thus far from our maiden drilling program and are delighted to now be looking towards next stage work and planning. In addition to the known DSO grade iron ore at the Sirius Extension prospect, initial assay results confirm the existence of outcropping DSO grade mineralisation in initially identified ridges A to E. The program has also opened new highly prospective areas of the tenement previously not explored and identified prospective further DSO grade potential.
"To date, we have received assay results from 17 out of the 53 holes drilled. Initial results are encouraging and already add to the understanding of the mineralisation of the project. The remaining results are expected in the coming weeks and will provide the company with a greater understanding of the potential of the project and support planning for a follow-up drilling programme, which will be commencing shortly after, given that we are now in the optimum field season in the Pilbara region.
"Overall, we are extremely encouraged by the BIF intersections on certain ridges and the information we have today gives us great confidence in the potential for the project. With current iron ore prices at multi-year highs, we believe that our iron ore projects will deliver significant value to shareholders as we continue to advance them with further exploration."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/06052021/alien-metals-announce-initial-hamersley-project-drill-results/