Greatland Gold provides Scallywag 2021 exploration programme results
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Greatland Gold plc, a mining development and exploration company with a focus on precious and base metals, has announced completed drilling results from the 2021 drill programme at its 100% owned Scallywag licence. Results have been received for the seven holes completed at four prospects, along with the results of the ground electro-magnetic (EM) survey.
The 2021 drilling programme and ground EM survey at Scallywag is the second stage of the comprehensive exploration programme initiated at Scallywag and comprised seven holes for 3863 m, testing the Swan, Barbossa West, Architeuthis and Teach targets.
- Significantly anomalous gold (Au) with bismuth (Bi)-tellurium (Te)-antimony (Sb) pathfinder geochemistry intersected in SWD001 at the Swan target:
- 2.6 m at 0.19 g/t Au from 35.4 m and 3 m at 0.19 g/t Au from 430 m in Swan hole SWD001, associated with broad zones of strongly anomalous Bi-Te-Sb pathfinders.
- Anomalous gold and pathfinders identified in three further holes at the Swan and Barbossa West prospects.
- 7 m at 0.1 g/t Au from 18 m in Swan hole SWD003.
- 1 m at 0.48 g/t Au from 384 m in Swan hole SWD002.
- 1 m at 0.2 g/t Au from 296 m in Barbossa West hole BWD001.
- Ground EM survey completed identifying eight promising EM conductor plates in four targets, including two plates adjacent to Swan hole SWD001 above, representing potential higher grade mineralisation proximal to the anomalism identified at Swan to date.
- 2022 exploration drill programme designed to test ground EM conductors at Pearl, Swan and Swan East.
- Surface geochemistry in suitable areas involving Ultra Fine Fraction geochemistry is planned.
- Ongoing review of the 2020 airborne EM survey, to identify further ‘pearl’ like aerial EM anomalies for ground EM follow-up.
- Further analysis of the drilling results from 2021, 2020 and integration into ongoing basin-wide geophysical and geological modelling to drive further targeting.
Shaun Day, Managing Director of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “We are pleased with the results from the 2021 drilling campaign on our 100% owned Scallywag licence. Gold mineralisation has been intercepted in four of the seven holes reported, which is highly encouraging.
“These results, together with identifying several new conductor targets from the ground EM programme and results from the 2020 work, increases our confidence regarding the prospectivity for intrusion related and other styles of mineralised systems at Scallywag.
“In addition to identifying prospective drill targets for our 2022 drill programme, this rich set of data builds our understanding of the regional and prospect scale geology as we continue to develop and refine our targeting strategy ahead of our 2022 exploration programmes.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/05042022/greatland-gold-provides-scallywag-2021-exploration-programme-results/
You might also like
MCB Project receives Environmental Compliance Certificate
The issuance of the ECC is a vitally important step towards obtaining a Mineral Production Sharing Agreement with the Philippine National Government.