Final assay results for HAD019, HAD020, HAD021 and HAD025, and partial assay results for HAD023 and HAD028, representing 6652 m of drilling, have been received.
- Results from Newcrest’s drilling campaign at Havieron extend zones of high-grade mineralisation to the north.
- Step out drill hole HAD023 intersects high-grade mineralisation 300 m north of HAD005.
- Newcrest has completed Stage 1 of the Farm-in Agreement (US$10 million in expenditure) and has commenced Stage 2 (additional US$10 million in expenditure).
- Six drill rigs to remain operational during the Australian summer period (December-March), subject to adverse weather conditions, with a planned two week shutdown over Christmas.
Highlights of latest drill results:
- HAD020: A 100 m step out hole to the west of HAD014 to test for mineralisation beneath HAD005 and HAD014. Assay results (final) include:
- 122.9 m at 1.7 g/t gold (Au), 0.36% copper (Cu) from 673 m, including 14.6 m at 9.1 g/t Au, 0.48% Cu from 705 m.
- 114.8 m at 0.84 g/t Au, 0.13% Cu from 809.2 m, including 10 m at 3.4 g/t Au, 0.01% Cu from 895 m.
- 184.5 m at 0.81 g/t Au, 0.44% Cu from 1096.5 m, including 27.2 m at 2.8 g/t Au, 0.54% Cu from 1134 m.
- HAD021: A 75 m step out hole to the east of HAD013 to test for high grade mineralisation between HAD013 and HAD017. Assay results (final) include:
- 128 m at 3.4 g/t Au, 0.44% Cu from 670 m, including 13 m at 13 g/t Au, 1.1% Cu from 770 m.
- 110.7 m at 1.9 g/t Au, 0.12% Cu from 1039.3 m.
- HAD023: A 100 m step out hole to the north of HAD015 (300 m north of HAD005), the most northern hole to be drilled on the project to date. Assay results (partial) include:
- 107 m at 2.2 g/t Au, 0.22% Cu from 656 m, including21 m at 10 g/t Au, 0.74% Cu from 665 m.
- HAD025: Drilled west to east, hole collared approximately 75 m north of HAD005. Assay results (final) include:
- 118 m at 1.0 g/t Au, 0.08% Cu from 580 m, including 12 m at 3.9 g/t Au, 0.21% Cu from 612 m.
- 39 m at 6.5 g/t Au, 0.40% Cu from 764 m, including 10.6 m at 22 g/t Au, 1.3% Cu from 764.9 m.
- HAD028: Drilled east to west, hole collared approximately 125 m northeast of HAD013 and represents a significant step out to the east. Assay results (partial) include:
- 45.8 m at 6.8 g/t Au, 0.51% Cu from 543.2 m, including 32 m at 9.2 g/t Au, 0.67% Cu from 555 m.
- HAD019: Drill hole was stopped at 530 m due to revised targeting.
- An additional 18 holes (HAD022, HAD026, HAD029, HAD031-HAD045) are at various stages of progress and further assay results are awaited. HAD024 is at pre-collar stage and HAD027 and HAD030 were stopped in the cover sequence.
Next steps for Havieron:
- Newcrest has commenced Stage 2 of the farm-in agreement (additional US$10 million in expenditure).
- Six drill rigs are to remain operational during Australian summer period (December – March), subject to adverse weather events and a planned two week shutdown over the Christmas period.
- Based on results to date, the trend of mineralisation appears to be heading to the northwest. In order to test the extent and continuity of the interpreted mineralised trend, Newcrest has recently changed the orientation of drilling from east to west, to southwest to northeast.
- Baseline environmental studies have commenced and preliminary work for metallurgical and geotechnical studies is being conducted.
- Further drilling over the next 9-12 months will target the delivery of a maiden resource estimate for Havieron.
Gervaise Heddle, CEO of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “These results significantly extend the known limits of high-grade mineralisation, particularly to the north. It has become clear that the size of the mineralised footprint now exceeds our initial expectations. We look forward to providing further updates on Havieron as drilling continues through the Australian summer period”.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/04122019/new-drill-results-at-havieron-extend-the-strike-length-of-high-grade-mineralisation/