Rockfire Resources plc, a gold and base metal exploration company, has announced the results of soil sampling at the Bell Rock Prospect within the company's 100%-owned Lighthouse tenement in North Queensland, Australia.
- Bell Rock is located less than 4 km southeast of the Plateau Gold Deposit.
- A +300 m long and +100 m wide coincident gold (Au)/copper (Cu) soil anomaly has been identified at Bell Rock.
- The highest gold-in-soil value is 1.7 g/t Au (1700 ppb) and the highest copper-in-soil value is 605 ppm Cu.
- 16% of soil samples have returned assays above 0.1 g/t Au (100 ppb) gold and 58% of all samples returned copper above 100 ppm Cu.
- Coincident with the soil anomaly, previous rock sampling has recorded a maximum of 23.4 g/t Au and 0.14 % Cu (see announcement dated 1 June 2020).
- Elevated gold and copper values extend beyond the limits of the survey area.
- Work planned during the next 4 months at Bell Rock includes ground magnetics, extensional soil sampling, additional rock sampling and geological mapping.
David Price, CEO of Rockfire, commented: “I am pleased to announce these high gold-in-soil values from soil sampling at Bell Rock. It is not common to obtain a soil sample with a +1000 ppb gold value, so we consider these to be remarkable values. The identification of such high soil anomalism within the Lighthouse tenement provides further evidence that Lighthouse is a highly endowed tenement located between multi-million-ounce operating gold mines.
“I am particularly encouraged by the coincident copper, as Bell Rock may prove to be a gold/copper system, which is very different to that seen at Plateau (gold/silver). The size of the anomaly is also pleasing, being coherent over nearly 400 m in an east-west direction.
“The prospect's proximity to Plateau means that as both projects advance, there is greater potential for shared infrastructure and logistics. Clearly however, this is very early-stage exploration with ongoing steps required, including ground magnetics and detailed geological mapping to better understand the geological setting of Bell Rock.
“The company will continue to progress Bell Rock over the coming months towards a maiden drilling programme and will update the market with this progress in due course."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/04022021/rockfire-resources-announces-soil-sampling-results/