Alien Metals provides project updates
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Alien Metals Ltd, a minerals exploration and development company, has provided an update on its silver projects located at Elizabeth Hill, Western Australia, and San Celso and Los Campos in Zacatecas State, Mexico.
San Celso and Los Campos Silver Projects
- Completion of final legal registration to acquire the Nueva Andromeda permit, strategically contiguous to the San Celso project.
- Detailed mapping and sampling to be carried out on Nueva Andromeda by the newly appointed Senior Geologist in Mexico in coming days.
- Review of new projects presented to Alien for earn in or acquisition for copper and silver in the same region.
- Awaiting environmental drilling permit authorisation for San Celso and Los Campos.
Elizabeth Hill Silver Project
- Airborne magnetic survey has been completed and data captured in the eastern area and combined with the western areas, the whole of which is currently being processed and analysed by Southern Geoscience.
- The JORC compliant mineral resource at Elizabeth Hill Mine was completed by Iana Ltd in 1999 for 46 800 t at 2450 g/t silver (86 oz/t) for 4.05 m oz contained silver.
- As announced on 14 December 2020, planning is underway to re-enter the historic Elizabeth Hill underground mine which was mined between 1998 and 2000 via underground mining, primarily between the 62 m and 102 m levels. Silver production totalled approximately 16 800 t of ore grading 2195 g/t Ag (70.24 oz/t Ag) generating 1 170 000 oz, including some very large specimens of native silver (Karratha Metal Group Prospectus, 29 June 2018).
- Direct underground drilling on the target zones will prove more effective than surface drilling of this target, given there are already workings to provide access, to facilitate defining the remaining resource and the potential untested new mineralisation.
- An initial trenching programme to commence as soon as possible with the aim of identifying at surface native silver and new silver targets.
The Nueva Andromeda permit lies contiguous to San Celso to the south east containing the extension of the mineralised Nueva Andromeda vein that has already been identified in the San Celso permit. Indications of historic mining all along this vein exist and so the coming field mapping and sampling is planned to better understand the potential of this extension.
With the Southern Geoscience interpretation work expected in the next few weeks over the larger area, the company will then be able to plan specific next stage exploration on new and existing targets, including potentially surface close spaced geophysical surveys, further trenching, mapping and even initial drilling if warranted.
Bill Brodie Good, CEO and Technical Director of Alien Metals, commented: "We are pleased to provide an update on our exciting silver projects, particularly in light of the recent strengthening silver market which has seen the price hit an 8 year high of US$30/oz. Management anticipates this trend to continue in line with rising global demand for the metal, particularly given its modern applications in electronics and green energy, along with the fact that silver is seen as an important store of wealth. With funds in place, the team is actively securing our drilling permits for Mexico and we are excited to get underway.
"As part of this process, the company has employed Jose Luis Posadas, a highly experienced Zacatecas-based exploration geologist, on a full-time basis. Jose will be a great addition to our team and his knowledge and connections will help Alien to advance its discussions with local parties about potential projects, review them on the ground quickly and in-house and enable even closer relations with the Mexican Mines department.
"With the maiden drilling programme underway on the iron ore projects in Western Australia, Capstone pushing ahead with drilling in Mexico on the Donovan 2 copper-gold project, drill permit applications awaiting approval for our Silver Projects in Mexico and work commencing on the Elizabeth Hill Silver Project, we are extremely pleased with the strong start we have made to 2021 and look forward to updating the market further in due course."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/02022021/alien-metals-provides-project-updates/
You might also like
Pilbara Minerals board approves FID for lithium project expansion
Pilbara Minerals Ltd. has announced that its board has approved the capital investment for its P1000 lithium project production expansion in Western Australia.