Mawson Resources Ltd has been granted the 2123 hectare Männistö Exploration Permit at the Rompas-Rajapalot gold project in Finland. The Männistö permit includes both the Rompas high grade “nuggety” gold mineralisation and areas prospective for Rajapalot-style disseminated gold.
The granting is noteworthy, as it allows Mawson to restart exploration at the Rompas prospect after a 4-year hiatus.
Key highlights include:
- TUKES (the Finnish Safety and Chemical Agency and Mining Authority) recently granted the Männistö Exploration Permit to Mawson that covers 2123 hectares at the Rompas-Rajapalot gold project in northern Finland within the larger 16 162 hectare project of exploration permits and applications.
- The primary target at Männistö is Rajapalot-style disseminated gold mineralisation that lies stratigraphically adjacent to previously discovered high grade gold mineralisation at Rompas.
- In 2012, Mawson drilled Finland's richest ever diamond drill hole for gold at Rompas within the Männistö Exploration Permit area. Results included: 6 m at 617 g/t gold from 7 m in drill hole ROM0011; 1 m @ 114.5 g/t gold from 44.0 m from drill hole ROM0014.
- Field mapping, prospecting and 8.1 km of VLFR geophysical survey have been completed, defining a Rajapalot-style gold target horizon that extends for 2.5 km, with outcrop of up to 0.24 g/t gold discovered in poorly outcropping areas adjacent to the conductive target zone.
- A reverse circulation drill rig has now been mobilised. Twenty shallow holes (5-10 m) will be drilled through thin glacial soil to bedrock along 3 lines to test the Rajapalot-style gold target position. Targets identified will immediately be followed up with diamond drilling.
Mr. Hudson, Chairman and CEO, stated: "The Rompas prospect is central to Mawson's on-going investment in gold exploration in northern Finland, being the site where our team drilled the country's richest ever gold intersection of 6 m at 617 g/t gold in 2012. Our recent work at Rajapalot, where an extensive area of gold disseminated mineralisation has been discovered, has shown the Rajapalot-style of mineralisation lies stratigraphically adjacent to the Rompas host rocks, in an area of very limited outcrop and no prior drilling. Drilling close to high grade gold is always exciting for an exploration team, and we look forward to sharing the results of this highly anticipated RC drill programme."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/31082017/mawson-restarts-exploration-drilling/