Skip to main content

Epiroc to acquire remaining share of ASI Mining

Published by , Editorial Assistant
Global Mining Review,

Epiroc, a leading productivity and sustainability partner for the mining and construction industries, has agreed to acquire the remaining share of ASI Mining, a US-based autonomous mining solutions company.

Epiroc to acquire remaining share of ASI Mining

Epiroc already owns 34% of ASI Mining, which it acquired in 2018. The acquisition regards the remaining 66% of the company.

ASI Mining is based in Mendon, Utah, USA. The company, a subsidiary of Autonomous Solutions, Inc., is a leading provider of mining automation systems, such as remote control, teleoperation, and fully autonomous solutions. Its solutions are OEM agnostic, meaning they work regardless of machine brand and fit well for mixed fleets. The solutions strengthen mine safety and productivity while lowering emissions and total cost of operation. ASI Mining had revenues of about SEK 300 million in 2023.

“Epiroc and the innovative team at ASI Mining are already collaborating closely to bring the most advanced automation solutions to mining customers,” said Helena Hedblom, Epiroc’s President and CEO. “We look forward to complementing their solutions fully with our offering and together continue supporting customers on their automation journey.”

The acquisition of the remaining share requires regulatory approval from US competition authorities, and is expected to be completed in 3Q24. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price as the transaction is not subject to a disclosure obligation pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation.

The transaction will lead to a positive revaluation effect of the ownership held prior to the acquisition in the segment Equipment & Service. The gain will be reported as an item affecting comparability in 3Q24.

Read the article online at:

You might also like


Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


This article has been tagged under the following:

Mining equipment news