Atalaya Mining Plc has announced the publication of its inaugural Sustainability Report for the year ended 31 December 2021.
The 2021 Sustainability Report represents a key component of the company’s ongoing commitment to enhancing its disclosure and reporting. The report was prepared in accordance with Global Reporting Initiative Sustainability Reporting Standards (GRI Standards) with the assistance of independent sustainability consultancy ERM International Group Ltd, and was audited by EY. The company will publish its sustainability reports on an annual basis going forward.
2021 Sustainability Report Highlights
- Corporate Governance
- 57% Independent Directors and 85.7% Non-Executive Directors.
- Zero incidents of corruption and zero Code of Conduct violations.
- Total workforce or 503 employees out of which 83.62% are permanent.
- 16.90% female employees and 29.41% female share of management positions.
- 6.35% turnover rate and 7.27% absenteeism rate.
- Safe operation
- Zero project safety incidents and zero fatalities.
- 6.09 lost-time injury frequency rate (LTIFR) for own employees.
- Environment and Climate Change
- 0.42 t CO2 equivalent per tonne of concentrate (Scope 1, 2, and 3).
- 87% of non-mining waste diverted from disposal.
- 77% annual recycled water as share of total consumption.
- 0.41 m3 external water consumption per tonne of ore processed.
- 0 penalties received for non-compliance with environmental regulations.
- 68.3% local employees and 92% of invoices from local suppliers.
- €2.7 million invested in heritage conservation.
- €0.9 million dedicated to social activities through Atalaya Riotinto Foundation.
- Innovation and Technology
- €3.3 million invested in geological and mining research.
Alberto Lavandeira, CEO, comments:
“We are pleased to publish our inaugural sustainability report. For the many stakeholders that have visited our operations at Proyecto Riotinto, it would have been apparent that world class sustainability practices have long been core to Atalaya’s operating philosophy. This report helps to formalise our longstanding efforts and represents a key step forward in our corporate disclosure.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/25042022/atalaya-mining-publishes-inaugural-sustainability-report/