- Over 8000 m of diamond drilling has been completed at the Salinbas project, representing a 350% increase in drilled meters over the original programme.
- Approximately 22 000m of resource and exploration drilling has now been planned to better constrain the mineralisation and to extend its boundaries.
- Significant results of the current programme include:
- 13.7 m @ 6.75 g/t Au + 1.3 g/t Ag.
- 8.6 m @ 3.90 g/t Au + 1.5 g/t Ag + 68 ppm Mo.
- 11.5 m @ 1.37 g/t Au + 8.5 g/t Ag.
- Very encouraging results from the initial drilling at Hizarliyayla, displaying extensive silica-carbonate mineralisation containing abundant base-metal sulfides.
- Recent surface sampling at Hizarliyayla (including Au: 1.02 g/t, Ag: 141 g/t, Pb + Zn: c. 20%) has shown the potential for a base-metal rich intermediate sulfidation epithermal system.
Dr. Kerim Sener, Managing Director, commented:
“We are delighted to report the initial results from the drilling programme which has been underway at the Salinbas project over the past year. These results have demonstrated the continuity of gold and silver mineralisation within part of the AS Zone, between Salinbas and Ardala, and confirmed the presence of significant molybdenum mineralisation in the periphery of the Ardala porphyry. Further confirmatory analytical work is being undertaken on the drill core to understand the distribution of precious and base-metal mineralisation and its associated alteration.
“The drilling programme was originally planned for 2300 m but this was extended at different points throughout the year, particularly following the receipt of critical forestry permits, which will now allow for a total programme of up to 22 000 m. The programme continues to be funded through US$8 million in new capital provided to the project by Ozaltin Holding A.S. and is accompanied by various environmental studies and social development work.
“The drilling programme progressed slowly due to very poor weather in the early part of 2022. Drilling conditions have often been problematic, particularly where significant colluvium cover was being penetrated in the AS Zone. These issues, coupled with the high demand on the Kiziltepe Mine Laboratory for analysis and external laboratory QA/QC check assays, have resulted in a delay to the receipt of results from the programme. We are confident that the delivery of samples to the laboratory and the subsequent analytical work is now speeding up, though a backlog of over 2500 samples remains.
“Drilling is now also well underway at Hizarliyayla using a second drill rig. The initial results from this work and associated detailed field sampling are highly encouraging, demonstrating the potential of this area to host an intermediate sulfidation precious and base-metal system. This is particularly significant given the proximity of the area to the >4 million oz Hot Maden Cu-Au deposit just 7 km to the south. Accordingly, the Salinbas project is now shown to comprise several porphyry-related gold-rich mineralised systems over approximately 11 km of strike.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/25012023/ariana-resources-announces-substantial-drilling-progress-at-salinbas/