- 1136 ft (346.3 m) @ 0.25% CuEQ starting at 710 ft (216.4 m) including: • 834 ft (254.2 m) @ 0.31% CuEQ from 750 to 1584 (228.6-482.8 m).
- 119 ft (36.3 m) @0.14% CuEQ from 1727-1846 ft (526.4-562.7m). MHB-28: 1287 ft (392 m) @ 0.30% CuEQ starting at 245 ft (74.7 m), including:
- 652 ft (198.7 m) @ 0.33% CuEQ from 595 to 1247 ft.
- 192 ft (58.5 m) @ 0.21% CuEQ from 1340 to 1532 ft.
- 105 ft (32 m) @ 0.18% CuEQ from 1542 to 1647 ft.
- Intersected granodiorite porphyry at 3403 ft (1037 m). The entire hole is mineralised with 3607 ft (1099.4 m) @ 0.05% CuEQ from 0 – 3607 ft.
- Strong potassic alteration that is overprinted by pervasive propylitisation.
- Zoning within the Majuba Target Zone indicates MHB-29 is southwest of the main mineralized zone.
- Intersected 26 intervals greater than 0.20% CuEQ.
MHB-27, 28, and 29 mineralisation characteristics include:
- Supergene enrichment from the surface down to at least 1420 ft (432.8 m).
- Distinct porphyry style “A”, “B”, and “D” type veins in all drill holes.
- Trace element geochemistry zoning for molybdenum, zinc, and bismuth.
The 2022 core drilling program focused on the Majuba Target Zone. The goal was to complete deeper holes and extend the copper mineralization intersected in the 2020 and 2021 drill campaigns.
An updated property wide mineral inventory estimate is now underway.
David Greenway, CEO stated:
“The tremendous thickness of copper mineralisation confirms that Majuba Hill is a significant porphyry copper discovery in Nevada, one of the top three mining jurisdictions in the world. Copper mineralisation from top to bottom also indicates that we have discovered a deposit which will have an impact on the copper supply for the world at a time when the world needs long-term, secure supplies for the future. With our mineral inventory estimate announced 20 September 2022, showcasing the potential for 1.5 billion lb. of copper equivalent, we now have these game changing results in hand to expand on that estimate and ultimately contribute to the development of a NI 43-101 compliant copper resource.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/24012023/majuba-hill-reports-significant-copper-mineralisation-at-porphyry-project/
You might also like
Weir Minerals, manufacturer of the Warman® slurry pump, has released the 6th edition of its coveted Warman Slurry Pumping Handbook.