Marimaca Copper Corp. has provided an update on the company’s district exploration program following a review of the 2021 campaign.
This campaign was completed in parallel with the MOD and MAMIX drilling and has successfully demonstrated the potential for repetition of Marimaca style copper oxide discoveries across the company’s extensive land package.
- 2021 district exploration drilling campaign successfully defined three core satellite targets within 5 km of the MOD.
- Oxide discoveries made at Mercedes, Cindy, and Robles in the first systematic exploration program (geophysics, geochemistry, and scout drilling) of the broader Marimaca district.
- Proof-of-concept of Marimaca’s repetition-style district potential along with core regional structures.
- Several new prospective targets were identified during a review of the 2021 campaign results and the 25 km x 5 km high-resolution MagDrone survey, with three highest-priority designated for follow-up:
- Mercedes East (~1 km northeast of the MOD).
- Mititus (~6 km north of the MOD, immediately north of Cindy target).
- Santos (~6 km southwest of the MOD).
- The 2021 program focused on a ~7.5 km north-south structural trend intersecting the MOD, with the rest of Marimaca’s land position, extending 23.5 km along strike, remaining untested.
- Extended MagDrone survey, geological mapping, and geochemical grids have highlighted several areas of interest for future grassroots exploration along the Naguayan Belt and Robles Trend.
- Satellite targets will be prioritised for additional exploration drilling tentatively planned for 2H22 following the completion of the MOD and MAMIX drilling campaigns.
- Program will focus on increasing confidence in previously announced exploration target grade-tonnage ranges of Mercedes, Cindy, and Robles and testing newly identified targets.
Sergio Rivera, VP Exploration of Marimaca Copper, commented:
“The 2021 scout drilling of our district exploration targets confirmed our exploration model targeting proximal repetitions of Marimaca (MOD) style, at-surface, copper oxide mineralisation and the resulting Mercedes, Cindy, and Robles discoveries offer potential to add leachable resources to the MOD.
“The success of this program led to the extension of the MagDrone survey, which identified several new targets with the same key features as these discoveries. There has been no previous systematic exploration of these targets, and we believe the potential for additional MOD-satellite discoveries remains exceptional. We look forward to updating the market as our exploration program advances.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/22042022/marimaca-copper-identifies-new-targets-for-district-exploration/
You might also like
ABB has signed an agreement with Gravitricity to explore how hoist expertise and technologies can accelerate the development and implementation of gravity energy storage systems in former mines.