Bluejay Mining plc, an AIM and FSE listed, and Greenland focused company, has provided an update on the Kangerluarsuk zinc-lead-silver project.
The company has also announced that it has lodged an application to the Mineral Licence and Safety Authority (MLSA), Greenland for a new mineral exploration licence surrounding the existing Kangerluarsuk licence area in central west Greenland. Together, these areas returned historic surface samples of 41% Zn, 9.3% Pb, 1.2% Cu and 596 g/t Ag, combined, more than 50% metal.
- Extensive field work and sampling carried out during 2019 to refine drill targets and identify optimal drill site locations.
- A 6-hole maiden drill programme has been finalised to test multiple large and high-grade zinc/lead/copper/silver (Zn/Pb/Cu/Ag) targets during early 2020.
- The first time Kangerluarsuk will have been drill-tested in spite of significant and extensive outcropping base metal mineralisation throughout the project.
- Focus will initially be on drilling several large and highly conductive bodies identified by previous private sector operators and government bodies.
- These conductive bodies are coincident with intense surficial geochemical anomalies as well as outcropping high-grade mineralisation.
- Licence application and drill programme brings further consolidation of Bluejay’s dominant position in Greenland and expands the company’s pipeline of tier 1 exploration assets.
- Application lodged for additional coverage of 586km2 that will expand the existing area held at Kangerluarsuk by more than five-fold to 692km2.
- New Licence area under application has only received surficial evaluation and aerial geophysical surveys to date.
- Combined area has returned historic surface samples of 41% Zn, 9.3% Pb, 1.2% Cu and 596 g/t Ag, combined, more than 50% metal.
- Potential further discoveries supported by extensive stream sediments and heavy mineral concentrates that are highly anomalous in Zn, Pb, Cu and Ag, all indicating the presence of poly-metallic deposits.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/21102019/bluejay-mining-plc-provides-update-on-kangerluarsuk-zinc-lead-silver-project/