Mawson Resources Ltd has announced a maiden inferred gold-cobalt mineral resource estimate for Raja and Palokas Prospects, at the 100% owned Rajapalot Project in Finland.
The resource estimation was completed by AMC Consultants Pty Ltd of Melbourne, Australia.
Key points of the announcement include:
- A pit and underground constrained inferred mineral resource of 424 000 oz of gold at 3.1 g/t gold equivalent (AuEq) (4.3 million t at 2.3 g/t Au, 430 ppm Co) at 0.37 g/t AuEq cut-off open pit and 2 g/t AuEq underground was calculated, within a combined unconstrained inferred mineral inventory for the Palokas and Raja prospects of 482 000 oz at a grade of 2.4 g/t AuEq (6.2 million t at 1.7 g/t Au, 410 ppm Co) at 0.4 g/t AuEq cut-off
- The constrained resource demonstrates the high-grade of Rajapalot with open-pittable grades of 2.8 g/t AuEq (2.1 g/t Au and 420 ppm Co) and underground grades of 5.2 g/t AuEq (4.4 g/t Au and 520 ppm Co).
- Electromagnetic fixed-loop transient (TEM) and airborne VTEMplus (VTEM) surveys at least double the potential mineralisation footprints at the Raja and Palokas prospects and form immediate targets for the 15 000 m resource expansion diamond drill programme planned to start in January 2019 (subject to permitting)
- The resource has substantial potential to grow, with only 20% (800 m) of the 4 km known mineralised trend included within the maiden resource to relatively shallow depths (average depth of drilling 88 m within 34.2 km drilled to date at Rajapalot).
- Establishes Rajapalot as a significant and strategic gold-cobalt resource for Finland. The unconstrained maiden inventory positions Rajapalot as one of Finland's current top three gold projects by grade and contained ounces and one of a small group of cobalt resources prepared in accordance with NI 43-101 policy within Europe
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/18122018/mawson-announces-constrained-424-000-oz-gold-equivalent-inferred-mineral-resource-for-the-rajapalot-project/
You might also like
Komatsu is acquiring certain assets of Matfield Machining to support the growth of its national field service teams, as part of its efforts to enhance its offerings for North American mining customers.