East Star Resources Plc has announced the completion of processing of 380 km2 of close spaced drone magnetic surveys, flown between July and October 2021 over the Apmintas Licence in the Chu-Ili orogenic gold belt, central Kazakhstan.
- 22 targets highlighted for follow up work – most of which are under 10 – 30 m of cover.
- Majority of targets represent structural settings for classic orogenic gold mineralisation, including: duplex structures, flexures, and step-over zones along second and third order structures.
- Nine targets with historical gold occurrences, including Novoe, Southern Shabdar and Eshkilitau II, with previously announced high grade gold intersections from drilling.
- Another nine targets have existing historical geochemical anomalies of known gold pathfinder elements, including: arsenic, antimony, bismuth, and copper.
- Follow up work is planned for infill soil sampling and close spaced ground magnetics to refine targets prior to drilling in 2Q22.
Alex Walker, East Star CEO, comments:
“The Apmintas magnetic drone survey has delivered magnetic targets representative of classic orogenic systems over areas of known high grade gold, such as Novoe and Southern Shabdar, as well as several areas that have not been subject to historic drilling despite having recorded soil geochemical anomalies. Historic exploration under relatively thin cover was limited and this offers a fantastic opportunity for the company to make significant new discoveries.
“We intend now to conduct geochemical surveys and close spaced ground magnetics over new priority targets before the commencement of drilling in 2Q22, which will test targets previously undrilled along with extensions of areas with known high grade gold intersections.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/15042022/east-star-identifies-multiple-gold-targets-via-drone-surveys-in-kazakhstan/
You might also like
Flender has received the Supplier Excellence Recognition Award from Caterpillar.