Ariana Resources provides update on Turkish projects
Published by Joe Toft,
Global Mining Review,
- Gold production at Kiziltepe continues to perform in line with guidance, while the ongoing drilling programme has now completed over 11 000 m of diamond drilling which has continued to test extensions of various vein systems.
- Geophysical programmes involving electrical and magnetic methods are underway across Kiziltepe, Kepez and Kizilcukur, to aid future drill targeting.
- Construction of a second gold mine at Tavsan is progressing as planned, with earthworks well advanced and site infrastructure works underway.
- Soil geochemical programme underway across the Tavsan project licenses, following the detailed geological mapping programme completed over the summer.
- Following the identification of further targets during the mapping programme, drilling for up to 4600 m has just commenced to identify potential resource extensions.
- Drilling at the Salinbas project remains underway with over 6300 m drilled, and a second drill-rig is due to commence work on-site within the current week as part of a substantially extended programme.
- Geological mapping and soil sampling is underway at the Hizarliyayla prospect (part of the Salinbas project) in preparation for a future drilling programme.
Dr. Kerim Sener, Managing Director, commented:
“We are highly encouraged by the simultaneous and substantial progress being made across all advanced Turkish projects in which we hold an interest through Zenit. Following the restructuring of our Turkish operations, Zenit has since completed over 36 000 m of drilling across the projects in the past two years alone, which significantly represents over 40% of the total drilling completed in Turkey by Ariana to date. Drilling is currently expected to be maintained across all of our advanced projects through 2023, supported by site specific teams established by Zenit.
Meanwhile, under the supervision of our geophysicist, an induced polarisation/resistivity survey is being completed across the Kiziltepe project area. A drone magnetic survey has also commenced over the Kizilcukur project. These survey results will be utilised to improve drill targeting for potential extensions of mineralisation during future programmes. These are the first new geophysical programmes conducted by the company on our Turkish projects since 2014.
During the summer, our exploration team completed a programme of geological mapping and sampling across the Tavsan project in support of the work being conducted by Zenit to continue building on the resource while construction remains underway. More recently our team has mobilised to the Salinbas project to commence geological mapping and soil geochemistry across the Hizarliyayla prospect. We conclude that this prospect displays signs of high-level alteration and mineralisation which may be related to the same hydrothermal system which gave rise to the >4 million oz Hot Maden deposit, located just 7 km to the south."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/14112022/ariana-resources-provides-update-on-turkish-projects/
You might also like
Komatsu’s GHG alliance members join to learn about zero-emissions progress
The GHG Alliance was created to bring together mining industry leaders to work toward a shared goal of delivering zero-emissions equipment solutions.