JENNMAR has reached a five year agreement with Dräger, Inc. granting JENNMAR exclusive distribution rights for Dräger’s gas monitoring devices for the US mining and tunnelling marketplaces. JENNMAR will also carry additional Dräger product lines to further support the JENNMAR mining and tunnelling customer base in the US market.
JENNMAR is a global, family-owned company that is leading the way in ground control technology for the mining and tunnelling industries. For more than 40 years, JENNMAR's focus has been on manufacturing products and creating ground control solutions that help keep workers safe and productive.
Founded in Lubeck (Germany) in 1889, Dräger is an international leader in the fields of medical and safety technology. For more than a century, the company has dedicated itself to improving mine safety by providing the industry with quality mine safety equipment and products. By working with their customers, Dräger continues to develop and advance its technologies to produce innovative solutions to meet the mining industry's changing needs.
Some of the Dräger products which will be exclusively distributed under the agreement include:
- Dräger X-am 5000: developed especially for personal monitoring applications, this gas detector reliably measures up to five combustible gases and vapors as well as oxygen and harmful concentrations of toxic gases, organic vapors, odorant and amine.
- Dräger X-am 2500: the one-to-four gas detector reliably monitors combustible gases and vapors as well as oxygen, carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide.
- Dräger X-dock: a modular, function/bump test, calibration, documentation and reporting system.
- Dräger ChargeAir Systems: allows direct refilling of compressed air cylinders onsite, even when while in use during tunnelling or mining operations, allowing workers and emergency crews an uninterrupted supply of air.
- Dräger MRC 5000 Mine Refuge Chamber: an essential element to any mine rescue plan, the high quality, underground emergency chamber that can protect mine workers in the event of contaminated air.
Managing the JENNMAR/ Dräger alliance and driving customer service and product enhancements will be Brad Rekuc, Dräger Sales Director, and Jim Pinkley, JENNMAR Vice President.
Tony Calandra, Executive Vice President of JENNMAR companies, stated: ''These products will enhance JENNMAR's sales and add to our presence in providing safety equipment to the mining and tunnelling industries. Dräger is a first class organisation with quality products."
'We are pleased to partner with a company like JENNMAR that so closely aligns with our organisation's vision to make the mining industry more efficient, and more importantly, make the mining industry safer," said Rekuc.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/11072018/jennmar-signs-mining-equipment-distribution-contract-with-drger/
You might also like
Anglo American has agreed to acquire the Serra da Serpentina iron ore resource owned by Vale SA into its Minas-Rio mine in Brazil.