- Assay results from discovery hole NCP20A at the Comet target, Ngami Copper project (NCP), Botswana have returned significant, high-grade copper-silver results, demonstrating the potential for economic grades in the district.
- Assay results confirm visual copper mineralisation estimates, delineating a broad 30 m copper-silver intersection, with grades averaging 1.25% Cu and 17 g/t Ag from 128 m to 158 m downhole including:
- 12.2 m @ 2.5% Cu and 24 g/t Ag (2.68% Cueq 2 ) or o 5.1 m @ 5.1% Cu and 32 g/t Ag (5.21% Cueq).
- The intersection includes an exceptional 1.7 m @ 10.9% Cu and 45 g/t Ag (11.2% Cueq) from 155.3 m to 157 m downhole.
- The grade-thickness of copper-silver mineralisation from NCP20A falls into the upper 2% of drill hole intersections from other known deposits within the Kalahari Copper Belt (KCB), highlighting the significance of the result.
- NCP20A is part of a structurally controlled high-grade zone of copper-silver mineralisation within the Comet target, which extends over more than 250 m from previous drill hole NCP08 (10.7 m @ 1.5% Cueq). The high-grade zone is surrounded by a prominent lead-halo, along with several moderate grade copper-silver intersections.
- Based on results, there is potential for several similar structurally controlled high-grade zones to occur along the 4 km length of the Comet target.
Commenting on these significant high-grade copper-silver assay results, Cobre’s Executive Chairman and Managing Director, Martin Holland, said:
“These results highlight the potential for an economic deposit to be uncovered at Comet and our developing district within the KCB more broadly. Importantly, we believe that, based on these latest assay results, there is much more to come. In particular, the significance of the NCP20A copper intersection corroborates the company’s previously reported visual estimates. This further reaffirms our exploration methodology and the high calibre of our African-based technical team on the ground. Our focus continues to be aimed at identifying new targets and proving up the high-grade zones within these.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/06122022/cobre-announces-high-grade-copper-discovery-at-ngami-project/
You might also like
Weir Minerals, manufacturer of the Warman® slurry pump, has released the 6th edition of its coveted Warman Slurry Pumping Handbook.