Lexington Gold, a gold exploration and development company with projects in North and South Carolina, USA, has provided an update on its ongoing operational activities.
- Phase 1 drilling campaign at the Jones-Keystone-Loflin (JKL) Project is progressing satisfactorily with more than half of the drilling completed.
- Core logging and sampling of the first two drill holes in the campaign, plus a redrilled section of the second drill hole has also been completed.
- Sulfide mineralisation was intersected below the saprolite zone in all holes drilled to date.
- Gold has a known association with sulfide mineralisation at JKL.
- The samples from the first two holes, plus the redrilled section, have been dispatched to the assay laboratory for gold analysis.
- The fixed-wing airborne geophysical survey over the JKL, Carolina Belle and Argo Projects in North Carolina has also been completed and interpretation of the resulting data and modelling is underway.
- Initial high-level overview of the unprocessed data as received from the geophysical survey has already returned promising results.
- Interpretation and modelling of the VTEM geophysical survey over the Jennings-Pioneer Project has been completed.
- VTEM survey has identified two potential anomalies at the Jennings-Pioneer Project that will be further investigated through soil sampling, trenching and drilling.
Bernard Olivier, Lexington Gold's CEO, commented: “We are very pleased with the steady progress being made at our projects in the Carolinas and our observations from our early exploration activities are very encouraging. The core samples from our maiden drilling programme show good levels of sulfide mineralisation, which demonstrates excellent potential for gold prospectivity. Furthermore, the initial unprocessed data from the geophysical survey is already showing promising results and we have also been able to identify two potential targets for exploration within the Jennings-Pioneer Project.
"With Phase 1 drilling more than halfway completed and geophysical analysis underway we are excited to push forward with our exploration plans. Following completion of this exploration activity we intend to establish an initial maiden resource estimate for JKL, with the aim of then potentially expanding this through additional future drilling. We look forward to providing further updates in due course as to the outcome of our work programme as we seek to unlock shareholder value from our exciting gold projects."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/06042021/lexington-gold-provide-operational-update/
You might also like
Anglo American has agreed to acquire the Serra da Serpentina iron ore resource owned by Vale SA into its Minas-Rio mine in Brazil.