IronRidge Resources Ltd, an African focused minerals exploration company, is has announced positive results of an induced polarisation ground geophysics survey completed over the 200 km2 Dorothe Gold Project located approximately 180 km southeast of Abeché in Eastern Chad, Central Africa.
- Ground-based induced polarisation surveys including Gradient Array and Dipole-Dipole completed by Terratec Geophysical Services over the Dorothe prospect.
- Multiple coincident resistivity and chargeability anomalies defined that coincide with the high-grade gold trenching anomalies; interpreted to be associated with quartz veining or silica alteration; typical host for gold mineralisation and possibly disseminated sulphides respectively.
- Highest priority geophysical anomaly associated with the main vein zone, 1 km long low resistivity mineralised vein zone with coincident chargeability anomaly dipping steeply to the east.
- Additional flat lying coincident resistivity anomalies with weaker chargeability anomalies associated with shallow west dipping sheeted vein systems.
- Positive meetings held with Chad’s new Mining and Finance Ministers: Mahamat Hamid Koua and Tahir Hamid Nguilin.
Commenting on the company’s latest progress, Vincent Mascolo, CEO of IronRidge, said: “We are pleased with the results of the IP survey over the Dorothe gold project with a coincident 1 km long low resistivity and chargeability anomaly defined over the Dorothe Main Vein target.
“Results have confirmed and enhanced our geological understanding of the main vein zone target, with the geophysical interpretation providing greater confidence in target depth continuation and dip direction. The coincident resistivity and chargeability anomalies broadly occur along gold mineralised targets within trenching intervals; providing further confidence in gold targets to date and their overall structural settings.
“Additionally, the company had a positive meeting with Chad’s new Mining and Finance Ministers, the Honourable Mahamat Hamid Koua and the Honourable Tahir Hamid Nguilin, this week. We continue to have a solid working relationship with the Chadian government and are working closely with them to progress the project and future work programmes which we will update the market on in due course.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/04102019/ironridges-resources-announces-exploration-update-on-chad-gold-project/
You might also like
Anglo American has agreed to acquire the Serra da Serpentina iron ore resource owned by Vale SA into its Minas-Rio mine in Brazil.