Fortuna Silver Mines, Inc. has announced the start of irrigation and leaching of ore placed on the heap leach pad at the Lindero gold Project, located in the province of Salta, Argentina. First gold pour is expected in early October 2020.
Jorge A. Ganoza, President, CEO and Director, commented: “In spite of all the restrictions and challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are managing to successfully advance Lindero in a safe and secure manner for our personnel and neighbours.”
Ganoza continued: “With the start of irrigation, we achieved one more key milestone in the pre-production phase as we prepare for what follows, the first gold pour at our third producing mine.
Construction and commissioning activities at Lindero are advancing according to the plan outlined in May 2020.
Ramp-up and pre-production highlights include:
- Night shift operations at the primary and secondary crushing circuits began in mid-August; at month’s end, daily throughput peaked at 17 400 tpd or 93% of design capacity of 18 750 tpd.
- 277 000 t of ore averaging 0.87 g/t Au containing an estimated 7750 oz of gold have been placed on the leach pad as of 31 August 2020.
- Irrigation and leaching of ore on the leach pad commenced on 1 September 2020.
- Pre-commissioning of the ADR plant is 80% complete.
- First gold pour is expected in early October 2020.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/03092020/fortuna-initiates-irrigation-and-leaching-at-lindero-gold-project/
You might also like
Komatsu has announced it will offer Smart Construction’s 3D Machine Guidance Kit as a simple and flexible technological enhancement for a broad range of standard Komatsu machines.