In July and August 2021, SIEMAG TECBERG and LLC EuroChem-Usolskiy Potash Complex signed agreements for the delivery of shaft hoisting systems.
LLC EuroChem-Usolskiy Potash Complex is part of EuroChem Group AG, a major Russian company group based in Zug, Switzerland, that specialises in the production of fertilizers and operates its own mining sites and further-processing systems for phosphates and nitrates. The EuroChem Group employs more than 27 000 people.
Situated in the region of Perm close to Russia‘s traditional potash production sites is Verkhnekamskoe, one of the world‘s largest potash deposits. Potassium chloride (KCl) is the potassium salt of muriatic acid and forms colourless, salty-bitter- tasting, water-soluble crystals. It is used in large-scale technology for the manufacture of potash fertilizers and in food technology as a firming agent and flavour enhancer. Potassium chloride is used as an active agent in medicines, mainly to remedy potassium deficiency. The salt is also contained as an additive in numerous medicines, for example, in isotonic solutions administered as infusions.
One expansion phase of the Usolskiy complex includes the already begun new-construction of a third production shaft (Usolskiy Shaft No. 3) with a depth of 511.7 m, as well as a further treatment system.
The present agreement requires SIEMAG TECBERG to undertake the engineering, production, delivery, supervision of assembly and commissioning of the following equipment:
Shaft hoisting systems for raw material extraction:
- Double-drum winding machine, dia. 6 m, for skip-skip extraction with a drive capacity of 4.55 MW and designed for an annual hoisting capacity of up to 4.2 million t. Sliding bearings with bearing lubrication, a type SB1 hydraulic braking system, rope sheaves for deflection, as well as automation and signalling equipment complete this shaft hoisting system package.
- Hoisting equipment in the form of raw-material containers for shaft hoisting.
- Loading stations on two levels under ground.
- Two rope deflection sheaves, dia. 6 m.
Shaft hoisting systems for personnel and equipment:
- One rope drum hoisting machine, dia. 3.6 m, for cage hoisting with one gearbox and an overall drive capacity of 1.5 MW (two 750 KW), including rolling bearings, a type SB1 hydraulic braking system together with automation and signalling equipment as well as a rope sheave for deflection.
- Hoisting means (1-stage cage) with 10 t payload.
- Two cage arresting devices.
Equipment for rope changing:
- Reeling winch, including accessories.
In the recently expanded TECBERG park at auf der Kalteiche near Haiger, efficient construction site assembly/installation and final commissioning on site at the mine is ensured for the customer‘s benefit by complete functional assembly/installation of the equipment together with extensive system tests on drive test stands as well as pre-commissioning with all pre-settings.
After commissioning of the systems the LLC EuroChem-Usolskiy Potash Complex company will be competently supported on site with the necessary spare parts and with maintenance of the delivered equipment by qualified SIEMAG TECBERG personnel from the SIEMAG TECBERG service branch and storage facility at Berezniki in the Perm region.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/28102021/siemag-tecberg-supplies-shaft-hoisting-equipment-to-eurochem-usolskiy-potash-complex/