Altus Strategies announces quarterly report
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Altus Strategies Plc has announced that it has published its unaudited financial results for the three- and nine-month periods ending 30 September 2020 and its Management's Discussion & Analysis for the 3 month period ending 30 September 2020.
Highlights for the 3 months ended 30 September 2020 are as follows:
- Mineral resource estimate published for the company's 100% owned Diba gold project in western Mali, comprising 4 834 000 t at 1.39 g/t gold (Au) for 217 000 oz in the indicated category and 5 479 000 t at 1.06 g/t Au for 187 000 oz in the inferred category.
- Preliminary Economic Assessment published for Diba project outlined US$81 million after-tax net present value (NPV) based on 10% discount rate and US$1500/oz gold price (note that mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability).
- Results of a mineral resource estimate prepared in accordance with the JORC Code (an acceptable foreign code for the purposes of NI 43-101) for the Tabakorole gold project in southern Mali, comprising 1.2 g/t Au for 620 000 oz in the indicated category, 1.2 g/t Au for 290 000 oz in the inferred category, prepared by the company's joint venture (JV) partner, Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) listed Marvel Gold Ltd, formerly called Graphex Mining Ltd).
- Further high grade aircore drilling results at Tabakorole gold project announced by Marvel Gold extending the strike length of the FT Prospect by up to 600 m.
- Environmental impact assessment at the company's 100% owned Agdz silver and copper project in eastern Morocco, accepted by Ministry of Interior, and new targets generated on the project using predictive mapping techniques.
- Definitive purchase and sale and royalty agreements signed with TSX-V listed Stellar AfricaGold Inc. in respect of the company's 100% interest in the Prikro and Zenoula gold projects in Côte d'Ivoire for 2.5 million Stellar shares, 2.5 million warrants, milestone payments and a 2.5% net smelter return royalty on each project.
- Commencement of quotation of the company's ordinary shares on the OTCQX Best Market in the US under the ticker symbol ‘ALTUF’ enhancing visibility of the company to potential US investors.
- Appointment of Sandra Bates as in-house General Counsel, who will play an integral role for the company in structuring potential royalty and project transactions, as well as managing the company's general legal affairs.
- Grant of share options to certain directors and employees to acquire 5.1 million ordinary shares at an exercise price of £0.7315 per ordinary share, representing a 10% premium to the closing market price on the date of grant.
- Cash balance of £6.8 million/CAN$11.6 million as at 30 September 2020.
- Cash outflow for operating activities of £0.7 million/CAN$1 million for three months ending 30 September 2020.
- Balance of listed equity holdings of £1.5 million/CAN$2.6 million as at 30 September 2020.
- 10 000 m reverse circulation (RC) drill programme underway at the Diba gold project in western Mali to test resource expansion potential as well as five further priority prospects.
- Updated preliminary economic assessment published for Diba project, with 32% increase in after-tax NPV to US$107 million based on 10% discount rate and US$1500/oz gold price (note that mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability).
- Excellent results received from metallurgical test work on oxide and sulfide samples at Diba gold project in western Mali, which test the amenability of ores to carbon-in-leach (CIL) and heap leach processing.
- Commencement of 3800 m phase-1 drilling programme at Lakanfla gold project in western Mali under JV with Marvel Gold.
- Commencement of 5000 m trenching programme across several key prospects at the company's 100% owned Laboum gold project in northern Cameroon.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: "The quarter ending 30 September 2020 has proven to be another successful and incredibly active one for Altus. We were delighted to publish a mineral resource estimate on our 100% owned Diba gold project in Western Mali which, post-period, has seen a 32% increase in after-tax NPV to US$107 million based on a 10% discount rate and conservative US$1500/oz gold price. Following this news, we recently announced the commencement of a 10 000 m RC drilling programme at the project. This progress is testament to the brilliant work of our team and we look forward to realising the considerable potential that we believe exists at this asset.
"In addition, our Malian field team have supported the drilling programmes on the Tabakorole and Lakanfla gold projects, each being advanced by our ASX-listed JV partner Marvel Gold. Meanwhile our field team in Cameroon is undertaking a significant 5000 m trenching and sampling programme at the Laboum gold project.
"In line with our strategy, we continue to review a number of potential royalty, project and company acquisitions which, if completed, will continue to expand the company's royalty pipeline and potential to generate near term cashflow. Having noted a significant increase in the number of approaches from groups seeking potential transactions with Altus, we expect this work to lead to additional deal flow and income for Altus throughout the course of 2020 and 2021.
"We look forward to updating the market with the results from our current field programmes and numerous other project and royalty initiatives."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/27112020/altus-strategies-announces-quarterly-report/
You might also like
Aramine opens new subsidiary in Poland
Aramine, a world leader in the underground mining industry for over 45 years, has announced the opening of its new subsidiary in Poland.