Condor Gold reports full year results for 2017
Published by Claire Cuddihy,
Global Mining Review,
UK-based AIM and TSX-listed exploration company Condor Gold has reported its audited results for the year ended 31 December 2017.
- £ 5.24 million raised by way of a private placement of new ordinary shares.
- Approximately 2000 m drilling on 3 scout targets completed on Real de la Cruz, Tatescame and Andrea.
- 5922 m drill campaign completed at Mestiza. The objective of the drill campaign at Mestiza is to convert an historic Soviet-era resource to NI 43-101 standard.
- The highlight of the drill results on Mestiza is a high-grade ore shoot in the Tatiana vein. This has a strike length of 450 m and an estimated average true width of 2.2 m. The shoot can be extrapolated approximately 200 m below surface; LIDC 344, which has a drill width 3.30 m at 28.3 g/t gold, is 60 m vertically beneath surface. LIDC 358, drill width of 3.55 m at 23.3 g/t gold, is approximately 100 m vertically below LIDC 344.
- Soil geochemistry survey completed in August 2017 over the entire 313 km² of La India Project, included several high-grade rock chip samples of over 10 g/t gold, highlighting several new exploration targets.
- Regional structural geological model updated highlighting two major basement feeder zones, La India Corridor and the Andrea Corridor, together with a linking structure in the South.
- Significant progress made by the social team on gaining a social licence to operate.
- Secondary trading on the OTCQX Best Market in the US commenced in April 2017.
- Conditional approval received to dual-list the company’s shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
2018 highlights to date
- Shares of the company were dual-listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange on 15 January 2018.
- Roger Davey retired from the Board after 6 years and was replaced by Andrew Cheatle, a Canadian mining industry professional.
- La India Open pit was redesigned to avoid resettlement and a corresponding amendment to the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, which forms a key part of the application for the Environmental Permit, was submitted to the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources.
- Redesigned open pit is not expected to materially alter a prefeasibility study open pit gold mineral reserve in the Probable category of 6.9 million t at 3.0 g/t gold for 675 000 oz gold, producing 80 000 oz gold per annum for seven years.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/26032018/condor-gold-reports-full-year-results-for-2017/
You might also like
Caterpillar to exhibit at AusIMM Underground Operators Conference
Caterpillar is set to participate in the AusIMM Underground Operators Conference at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in Brisbane, Australia, on 27 – 29 March 2023.