Anglo American publishes 1Q18 production results
Published by Nicholas Woodroof,
Global Mining Review,
Anglo American has published 1Q18 production results, and is reporting a 4% increase in total production on a copper equivalent basis in 1Q18, compared to the same period of 2017.
Mark Cutifani, Chief Executive of Anglo American, said: “Our operations have made a solid start to 2018, delivering a 4% increase in total production. This reflects our consistent focus on driving efficiency across our portfolio and continuing our strong performance of 4Q17 despite the suspension of operations at Minas-Rio.”
- De Beers production increased by 15% reflecting a ramp-up in production in response to sustained healthy trading conditions and the inclusion of production from Gahcho Kué.
- Copper production increased by 9% to 154 900 t with strong operational performance and higher grade at Los Bronces and improved plant performance at Collahuasi.
- Platinum production increased by 7% and palladium by 9% due to improved operational performances across the portfolio. The sale of Union mine was completed on 1 February 2018.
- Kumba Iron Ore production increased by 4% to 10.9 million t driven by improved productivity at Kolomela.
- Minas-Rio production decreased by 30% to 3.0 million t primarily as a result of the suspension of the operation following a leak in the pipeline that carries iron ore slurry from the mine to the port.
- Metallurgical coal production increased by 6% due to performance improvements at Moranbah and the continued ramp-up of Grosvenor.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/25042018/anglo-american-publishes-1q18-production-results/
You might also like
MCB Project receives Environmental Compliance Certificate
The issuance of the ECC is a vitally important step towards obtaining a Mineral Production Sharing Agreement with the Philippine National Government.