The ‘Precious Metals and Diamond Mining in South Africa to 2023’ report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The ‘Precious Metals and Diamond Mining in South Africa to 2023’ report contains an overview of the South African precious metal (gold and platinum) and diamond mining industry, together with the key factors affecting the industry and demand for the commodities. It also provides information about reserves, reserves by country and grade, the historic and forecast data on South African gold, platinum and diamond production, historic and forecast production of gold, platinum and diamond by selected mines, the competitive landscape and active, exploration and development precious metals and diamond projects.
- South Africa has reserves of gold, platinum group metals, diamond, manganese, zirconium, vanadium and titanium. The country also has smaller deposits of coal, iron ore, copper, zinc, nickel, chromium and uranium.
- South Africa had the world's largest platinum reserves, with 2.2 billion oz as of January 2018, or 90.9% of the global total. That same year, it had the world's second largest gold reserves – 6000 t, or 11.1% of the global total.
- South Africa produced an estimated 4.3 million oz of gold in 2018 – down by 10.8% - primarily due to a decline in the operational performance of the country's largest gold producer, Sibanye-Stillwater.
- Furthermore, the country's platinum production stood at 4.4 million oz – down by 1.1% over 2017 – due to the decrease in output from major mines such as the Impala mine, Two Rivers mine, and Marikana, Akanani and Pandora mines.
- However, the country's diamond output increased marginally by 0.2% over 2017, mainly due to a 1.0% increase in production from Petra Diamond Ltd and a 0.5% increase at De Beers Group.
- The country's diamond mine production is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% over the forecast period (2019 - 2023), while gold and platinum are expected to post CAGRs of 6% and 7.2% respectively.
- Harmony Gold Mining Company Ltd, Anglo American Platinum Ltd, Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd, Lonmin Plc, Sibanye Gold Ltd and Petra Diamonds Ltd are the largest players in South Africa's precious metals and diamond mining sector.
Read the full report here.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/22052019/researchandmarkets-adds-south-african-precious-metal-and-diamond-mining-report-to-offering/