Continental Gold Inc. has announced that it has obtained a US$175 million financing package.
The package consists of (i) US$75 million of unsecured convertible debentures being issued to certain investors, including a US$50 million debenture from Newmont Mining Corporation, and (ii) a US$100 million gold and silver stream from Triple Flag Mining Finance Bermuda Ltd. (Triple Flag). Proceeds from the financing package will be used for general and working capital purposes and toward construction, commissioning and start-up of the company’s Buriticá Project located in Antioquia, Colombia. The company has also agreed with RK Mine Finance to make certain amendments to its existing credit agreement in respect of the security documents in connection with the Stream.
Unsecured Convertible Debenture
- Aggregate US$75 million unsecured 5-year and 2-month debentures with a 5% interest rate payable semi-annually in arrears.
- Each of the debentures will be convertible at the holder’s option into common shares of the company at a conversion price of C$3.00 per share, representing a 27.1% premium to the 30-day volume weighted average share price (VWAP) on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Assuming full conversion of the debenture issued to Newmont only, Newmont’s ownership in the company would increase to approximately 28%.
- Each of the debenture holders agree not to engage in any short sales or other similar transactions with respect to all aspects of the debenture.
- The company has the option to redeem all, but not less than all, of the debentures, at a redemption price equal to 100% of the principal amount then outstanding, plus all accrued and unpaid interest, if the closing price of the shares on the TSX is at least 130% of the conversion price for each of the 20 trading days before a notice of redemption is delivered to the holders, subject to the terms of the debentures (including the right of holders to convert prior to redemption).
Gold and Silver Stream
- US$100 million subordinated secured 2.1% gold and 100% silver stream on the Buriticá Project, where payable silver is deemed to be 1.84 oz of payable silver for each oz of payable gold.
- Ongoing payments of 10% and 5% of the spot price of gold and silver, respectively.
- Full buyback option, on or before 31 December 2021, of the entire gold stream for US$80 million, less any gold stream net cash flows received as at the time of buyback.
- Closing and funding of the Stream deposit is subject to customary closing conditions.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/19032019/continental-gold-announces-us175-million-financing-package/
You might also like
Ivanhoe Mines Founder and Executive Co-Chair Robert Friedland and President Marna Cloete have announced that the company is increasing its group exploration activities and budget for 2024.